This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The only way a JRPG will ever be able to have a deep and complex story...

#1EurAsianGirlPosted 3/2/2013 11:54:27 PM
Is if it focused on the Holocaust with Hitler as the enemy. WHY HAVEN'T THEY DONE THIS YET?!?!
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#2SharmHedgehogPosted 3/2/2013 11:58:45 PM
And also if they used guns, regenerating health, brown, gritty graphics, and linear dungeons.
---
R.I.P. fungivore, 2012-2012
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 3/3/2013 12:05:10 AM
There was one RPG with Nazi werewolves.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4ShinXaguraPosted 3/3/2013 12:05:36 AM
(IMO) Its very hard to make a good story for video game because every gamer have different opinions and different tastes.
---
My life is Disgaea.
#5fakewarsPosted 3/3/2013 12:16:57 AM
Shin Megami Tensei
Suikoden
---
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida
#6plasticman13Posted 3/3/2013 12:18:48 AM
Pokemon Red/Blue <3
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#7CammyApplePosted 3/3/2013 12:20:45 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
There was one RPG with Nazi werewolves.

And it was a disaster sadly. Awesome premise. Horrible SRPG.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#8EurAsianGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:22:12 AM
fakewars posted...
Shin Megami Tensei
Suikoden

I'll give you Suikoden ((Currently playing through the 2nd one for the first time, so far I like it and I hope it stays that way)) But in what world does it have anything to do with the Nazis and the Holocaust? Unless there are some literary allusions to it that show up later....?

As for Shin Megami Tensei: Might be, I wouldn't know I don't consider them JRPGS and never will.
---
#9CammyApplePosted 3/3/2013 12:26:42 AM
EurAsianGirl posted...
fakewars posted...
Shin Megami Tensei
Suikoden

I'll give you Suikoden ((Currently playing through the 2nd one for the first time, so far I like it and I hope it stays that way)) But in what world does it have anything to do with the Nazis and the Holocaust? Unless there are some literary allusions to it that show up later....?

As for Shin Megami Tensei: Might be, I wouldn't know I don't consider them JRPGS and never will.

Eh what? They are nothing but JRPG.

Suikoden 2 is fantastic all the way through.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#10EurAsianGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:29:28 AM
CammyApple posted...
EurAsianGirl posted...
fakewars posted...
Shin Megami Tensei
Suikoden

Eh what? They are nothing but JRPG.

Suikoden 2 is fantastic all the way through.

So can I expect Nazi and Holocaust analogies the further I get in Suikoden 2 :D

Nope, not to me they aren't. To be a JRPG in my book the setting has to either be medieval, steampunk, sci-fi, futuristic or industrial. Also, there should be a variety of towns for you to explore. The Shin Megami Tensei series takes place in the current, modern world in Tokyo and confines you to Tokyo in all the games.

They may be classified as JRPGS but in my mind I'll never see the series as one since it does away with classic JRPG staples.
---