This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The only way a JRPG will ever be able to have a deep and complex story...

#51theshovellerPosted 3/3/2013 1:33:08 AM
CammyApple posted...
While those are all valid points in a world market they don't matter if it was to be a game that never makes it out of Japan.

Posting what I edited in, in case you missed it:

If they changed it to be similar, yet in a completely fictional world / setting, then it might work out well enough. Tron had a lot of similarities to what the Ancient Romans did to Christians - arrested them, enslaved them, forced them to fight in the arena for the people's amusement, and gave them no training if they didn't renounce their god. It's a good movie, I recommend it if you've never seen it. The original, I mean, not Legacy. Legacy had a bit of religious undertones, but not as blatant as the original movie.
#52Mattywright77Posted 3/3/2013 1:33:14 AM
Not what id want is all. JRPGS are mostly stale beasts(full disclosure they are RPGS to me im not regional or style biased) But as I said I think the holocaust should never be forgotten however that kind of evil cant give any real insight to me. Its the lowest of base motivations" its different lets kill it" and anybody who actively participates in genocide loses theyre human rights in my opinion. Theres nothing that can be learned beyond some people for base reasons lose the most basic human right by denying it to others.

Do whatever you like as long as you dont infringe on others ability to do the same. When you mass slaughter Jews,Gays,Poles,the mentally challenged and whatever else you lose all rights.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, GTA:Vice City, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect.
#53hijokaidenPosted 3/3/2013 1:34:06 AM
EurAsianGirl posted...
WHY HAVEN'T THEY DONE THIS YET?!?!

They have:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/929259-operation-darkness
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#54CammyApplePosted 3/3/2013 1:36:40 AM
Mattywright77 posted...
Not what id want is all. JRPGS are mostly stale beasts(full disclosure they are RPGS to me im not regional or style biased) But as I said I think the holocaust should never be forgotten however that kind of evil cant give any real insight to me. Its the lowest of base motivations" its different lets kill it" and anybody who actively participates in genocide loses theyre human rights in my opinion. Theres nothing that can be learned beyond some people for base reasons lose the most basic human right by denying it to others.

Do whatever you like as long as you dont infringe on others ability to do the same. When you mass slaughter Jews,Gays,Poles,the mentally challenged and whatever else you lose all rights.

But see it may be about more than just "being different". That's where the insight and the thought provoking portion can come from.

No one is saying they want to play the part of Hitler or the Nazi party, though that would be a very interesting take on things and is a discussion for another time.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#55CammyApplePosted 3/3/2013 1:37:24 AM
hijokaiden posted...
EurAsianGirl posted...
WHY HAVEN'T THEY DONE THIS YET?!?!

They have:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/929259-operation-darkness

This was covered already in a couple posts. It's a rubbish game and while has the right setting doesn't have the right themes at all.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#56Mattywright77Posted 3/3/2013 1:45:41 AM
The rationalizations maybe but the base motivations are always the same. They have even done studies with children that show even among same class same color same education children with the right prompting you can get them to segregate and discriminate over something as simple as eye color.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, GTA:Vice City, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect.
#57Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/4/2013 10:24:00 AM
What about Final Fantasy Tactics? That was fairly complex in terms of story.
#58SolidKnightPosted 3/4/2013 10:34:33 AM
ShinXagura posted...
(IMO) Its very hard to make a good story for video game because every gamer have different opinions and different tastes.

Same applies for movies.

The problem with story and video games is that they're at odds with each other. The elements you need to make a good story are the same elements you have to give up and let the player control to make a good game. Most games with a lot of replay value do not offer much in terms of story (if any).
#59EventualDeclinePosted 3/4/2013 11:06:05 AM
This thread is really stupid. The only way for a game to have a complex story is for it to involve Hitler and the Nazi's? What the hell is the TC talking about? Are they serious? *Face palm*

So I guess that Inglorious Basterds is the most complex and deep movie ever made, in the history of film? Right?

Also, the first few pages of this thread are ridiculous. People keep listing RPG's that have nothing to do with Nazis, and the TC keeps mistakenly thinking that those people are listing RPGs with Nazi plots. Then people keep mentioning more games, and the TC keeps thinking that these are Nazi related games, even though they aren't. I think there may be something seriously wrong with the TC.

This entire thread is a big circus of stupidity.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#60true_gamer80Posted 3/4/2013 11:07:27 AM
ShinXagura posted...
(IMO) Its very hard to make a good story for video game because every gamer have different opinions and different tastes.

not at the collective mind that is called GF
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA