This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, Sony charges you to ship them the PS3 to fix now?

#1BearpowersPosted 3/3/2013 1:45:54 AM
I had to get my PS3 fixed before and they sent me a prepaid shipping box+label but this email states it will give me instructions on how to send it.

Are they implying I need to pay to ship it to them now?
#2DoramiPosted 3/3/2013 1:51:17 AM
They may have changed to a system where they generate a shipping label for you to print rather than sending it to you. Try to follow the instructions to see where it takes you.
---
"Just for reference, a Radeon 7950 with "only" 3GB of GDDR5 memory retails for about $300 USD. That's about $100 per gig." - Alaster111
#3Lefty128kPosted 3/3/2013 1:51:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4NicodimusPosted 3/3/2013 3:08:42 AM
What do you mean, 'now?'

They have always paid for the shipping back to you, and you have always been responsible for sending it to them.
---
"I am not tacking up my living quarters with gaming machines -- I'm not 12. This isn't a damn bedroom with bunk beds and star wars posters in it."
#5ElDudorinoPosted 3/3/2013 7:21:49 AM(edited)
Nicodimus: At least in Canada and the US, they have traditionally NOT charged for shipping either way if your PS3 is within warranty. If it's outside of warranty, then they charge ridiculous fees for what are often very straightforward fixes.

But yeah, if you get a printable pre-paid shipping label then you won't have to pay shipping. On the other hand you'll have to find your own packaging. Let us know what they end up sending you, I guess. I'd be interested in seeing, even though my second PS3's warranty has expired and I'm hoping this time to make good on my oft-repeated promise to never buy another Sony product.