This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IMO sonys biggest weakness over nintendo and microsoft

#1Karnage4208238Posted 3/3/2013 5:11:36 AM
first let me just say this not a troll topic im just voicing my opinion and second im by no means a sony nintendo or microsoft fanboy i buy games i like to play for any system thet can play them like if a game out for 2 or more different systems i would buy both versions to support the companys who made the games now with that out of the way sonys biggest weakness imo is there stupid "its my way or the highway" attitude they do everything any anything in there power to prevent anything that doesnt fit there fancy from being added to there products here is a example thats say you own a ps3 you mod it so you can cheat and do other things you want to do with the system you paid for and belongs to you and not to sony anymore now what they do they do they go completely over the line with some stupid bs and its not just this there are so many more examples of there "its my way or the highway" attitude way to many to list i mean look at nintendo and microsoft they dont go any anywhere near over the line sony goes to prevent things form happening to there game systems like sony does
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 3/3/2013 5:14:16 AM
Tl;dr
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#3badboyPosted 3/3/2013 5:21:50 AM
Have you heard of punctuation?
#4Impaired MedicPosted 3/3/2013 5:23:35 AM(edited)
So you're mad that Sony doesn't want people modding their systems so they can pirate games?
---
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
#5Karnage4208238(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:33:51 AM
Impaired Medic posted...
So you're mad that Sony doesn't want people modding their systems so they can pirate games?

no i buy my games what i was trying to say is sony needs to get of there high horse and stop being so power hungry and let people do what they want with the systems that belong to them now and not sony
#6sting__artPosted 3/3/2013 5:44:12 AM
Karnage4208238 posted...
Impaired Medic posted...

no i buy my games what i was trying to say is sony needs to get of there high horse and stop being so power hungry and let people do what they want with the systems that belong to them now and not sony

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all let people do with their consoles as they please. If you do however, you will not be eligible for any services provided by the company. Such as: Warranty, new updates and online play.

This is not a Sony only thing.
#7Karnage4208238(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:51:14 AM
sting__art posted...
Karnage4208238 posted...
Impaired Medic posted...

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all let people do with their consoles as they please. If you do however, you will not be eligible for any services provided by the company. Such as: Warranty, new updates and online play.

i have modded my ps3 my 360 and my wii and sony was the only one who blocked one of my psn's i have more the 1 account for both my 360 and ps3
#8Kaiser499Posted 3/3/2013 5:59:25 AM
We don't like cheaters in our games.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#9darkstar4221Posted 3/3/2013 6:13:14 AM(edited)
sting__art posted...
Karnage4208238 posted...
Impaired Medic posted...

Not really, a lot of the anti-consumer business models of the big three is simply abuse of the copyright laws. For example the DMCA makes it illegal to circumvent DRM or any electronic device that infringes on copyright, so if Sony catches with a modded console they can ban you from their online service. That is why Sony forces you to agree to it's TOS before signing onto PSN. If you try to take Sony to court over this, they can bring up that you violated the DMCA and the courts will side with Sony.

There is way too much copyright, which benefits the console manufacturers at the expense of the consumers. It's amazing how some people can't see that Sony, Nintendo, and MS have been really anti-consumer this generation.
#10RollingCradlePosted 3/3/2013 6:21:27 AM
Yeah all the games should just be free!