This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SAINTS ROW publisher(No longer THQ) teases 'huge' news for PAX East

#11A_Nonny_MoosePosted 3/3/2013 11:29:27 AM
This. Its like pizza and tacos, both food, both great, but different flavors for different moods.

You can still compare the two and like one more than the other, jeez.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#12Mattywright77Posted 3/3/2013 11:53:53 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
This. Its like pizza and tacos, both food, both great, but different flavors for different moods.

Never said you could not, its just the directions both series have took make them more like apples and oranges. SR started as a straight GTA clone but has since found its own identity. I actualy prefer GTA but Saints is a welcome addition that needs to be judged on its own merits and not how it ranks to GTA. And Vice-Versa.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, GTA:Vice City, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect.
#13SanAndreas_GurlPosted 3/3/2013 2:04:28 PM
Mattywright77 posted...
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

Never said you could not, its just the directions both series have took make them more like apples and oranges. SR started as a straight GTA clone but has since found its own identity. I actualy prefer GTA but Saints is a welcome addition that needs to be judged on its own merits and not how it ranks to GTA. And Vice-Versa.

^^^^ this. Just sums it up perfectly
---
XBL-CurvyTitan
PSN- DeLisa8910
#14AwayFromHerePosted 3/3/2013 2:07:57 PM
How much more over the top can Saints Row get and still be fun?

Saints Row 3 was already falling in fun factor.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#15Ninja4HPosted 3/3/2013 3:36:22 PM
Hopefully the news is "SR4 to be more SR2 than SR3".

Actually hoping for a Red Faction resurrection
---
"Candy. Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy."
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#16crazyman32Posted 3/3/2013 3:51:04 PM
SanAndreas_Gurl posted...
Mattywright77 posted...
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

^^^^ this. Just sums it up perfectly

agreed.I prefer Saints Row over GTA now though because,I like the funny over the top craziness that SR3 was all about.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#17wwefanforlifePosted 3/3/2013 5:58:09 PM
Hopefully Dex returns in SR4. I'd like to see Volition go back to how SR2 was since I thought SR2 was a lot better then The Third. If Volition are going to make DLC for SR4 they need to make sure it's worth while as 3 missions per DLC pack is awful.
---
PSN ID: RKO_JPL7
#18TigercmlPosted 3/3/2013 6:37:48 PM
Can't wait to hear new news about SR4. Saint's Row is by far a better game than GTA. Saint's Row is what GTA should be. Create a character with tons of customization options. Better weapons, vehicles and things to play with. Better environments and better graphics.

My biggest problem with GTA is the main characters in all of the games. The characters you play as are always garbage. I don't want to be some fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt, I don't want to be some Russian immigrant in a track suit. I don't want to be some old fart. I don't want to be a stereotypical gangster black guy.

I love my character in Saints Row 2 and 3. A bad ass half Asian half Latina hot chick with that sexy Latina voice (Female Voice 3 - Rebecca Sanabria). Not only is her personality amazing and the things she says are funny as hell. GTA's main character just can't compare.