This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who can't stand gamers that have to override game soundtracks?

#1Nate_DihldorffPosted 3/3/2013 7:24:06 AM
I could see if the music was as bad as this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08

But if the music is like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-O9iLfYVPo

There is NO excuse!
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#2ThamauturgePosted 3/3/2013 7:32:50 AM
I'm a huge fan of game soundtracks, but some games are better with custom music. PS All Stars and other fighting games come to mind, at least in my opinion.

I also rather enjoyed playing Batman Arkham City with the soundtrack from The Dark Knight playing in the background
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#3Draconas_LyrrPosted 3/3/2013 7:33:24 AM
If they're playing music while playing online, it drives me crazy. If they're doing it offline, why should anyone care? I don't personally do it, but it's none of my business if Frank down the road wants to listen to the radio over the game's soundtrack.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#4true_gamer80Posted 3/3/2013 7:35:24 AM
ho can't stand gamers that have to override game soundtracks?

who the **** cares lol.....whats with this place, becoming less about games and place to come whine and moan about others...seriousy who the **** cares...
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#5GazelMinistryPosted 3/3/2013 7:40:16 AM
I agree with the above posters. It doesn't matter to me personally what someone else does, though I prefer the in-game soundtrack.

However, two caveats come to mind: 1) If I am grinding in game, I will likely listen to something else as grinding itself is monotonous enough without listening to the same song or two repetitively. And 2) When playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, I would have really enjoyed the custom soundtrack capability so that I could have listened to actual Gundam music while playing it. In that case, I would have enjoyed the playtime that much more.
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#6RafedxPosted 3/3/2013 8:23:58 AM
GazelMinistry posted...
I agree with the above posters. It doesn't matter to me personally what someone else does, though I prefer the in-game soundtrack.

However, two caveats come to mind: 1) If I am grinding in game, I will likely listen to something else as grinding itself is monotonous enough without listening to the same song or two repetitively. And 2) When playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, I would have really enjoyed the custom soundtrack capability so that I could have listened to actual Gundam music while playing it. In that case, I would have enjoyed the playtime that much more.

Doesn't matter to me either, but I do prefer the games OST in most cases. The only games I change music in would be wrestling for custom entrances, and any of the DBZ fighting games, the music is terrible and I always import the Japanese audio into the game, makes it about 1000x more enjoyable.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#7CorathTheHungPosted 3/3/2013 8:27:13 AM
I never saw the point, as I enjoy hearing in game SFX and music.
#8SoliquidusPosted 3/3/2013 8:30:57 AM
I always listen to the in game music. Never had a desire to listen to anything else while playing a game
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#9ElDudorinoPosted 3/3/2013 8:35:33 AM
Oh, get over it. What people do in the privacy of their own homes, with or without their pants on, is none of your business. Unless they're blasting their crappy music while playing online, in which case they get muted.

As for offline games, though, some games have terrible soundtracks and you deserve to be able to get rid of them. Or maybe a game has a good soundtrack but you've heard all of the songs a trillion times. It's okay to want to mix things up- and it's okay for other people to enjoy a game differently from how you enjoy it.
#10huyiPosted 3/3/2013 9:29:47 AM
ElDudorino posted...
Oh, get over it. What people do in the privacy of their own homes, with or without their pants on, is none of your business. Unless they're blasting their crappy music while playing online, in which case they get muted.

As for offline games, though, some games have terrible soundtracks and you deserve to be able to get rid of them. Or maybe a game has a good soundtrack but you've heard all of the songs a trillion times. It's okay to want to mix things up- and it's okay for other people to enjoy a game differently from how you enjoy it.

that what it comes down too, but what annoys me the most is when games have a heavy metal soundtrack i either mute it or use my own, can't stand that type of "noise"
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1