This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or when it comes with zombies in video games...

#11Renzokuken405Posted 3/6/2013 7:26:39 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
RE6 was a different virus, though they did retcon Crimson Heads into REmake, so...

yeah leon's campaign is a new virus but the other campaigns, and 4 and 5 I believe are parasites more then a virus.
---
Like a wolf, stalking its prey.
#12glory of power metalPosted 3/6/2013 8:28:02 AM
Throughout the history of zombie lore there's always been varying degrees of aggressiveness and intelligence. Just depends on whether the developer wants your classic slow and stupid but high in number zombie, your feral and violent zombie, possibly a zombie with some type of mutation giving it abilities or powers, ect.
---
i7-950 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi 1920x1200
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#13RayconPosted 3/6/2013 8:34:18 AM
cheatermaster posted...
Is it me or do video games keep making zombies more dangerous and smarter? Because I swear zombies tend to seem like they're getting smarter and becoming more dangerous. Like in Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record, when the zombies in the two games got exposed by some gas, they ended up getting more dangerous. I think in Resident Evil 6 the zombies are sort of smarter and more dangerous then the ones in the previous RE games.

In fact, I remember some movies and even tv shows make zombies more dangerous and smarter. Is it me or are zombies not the stupid monsters I used to remember them before? Because well, unless I don't remember or forgot, I swear when I was a kid I thought zombies were stupid. And when they move, they walk very slowly. Now these days, I swear they're getting smarter and more dangerous, even probably get new abilities. I'm starting to wonder if zombies were always that smart and dangerous even back in the old days.

This is actually why I grow less and less interested in "zombie" media these days. There's nothing scary about "monsters" that act almost human. Give me my slow-moving, always out-of-sight but just around the corner monstrosities that make you afraid to sleep, not all this in-your-face-with-a-machine-gun nonsense.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja