This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I a bad gamer if I don't give a f*** about trophies and getting them?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/3/2013 10:46:59 AM
I mean I have a level 11 psn account and had a ps3 since 2009.

When I play a game I just focus on getting through all the levels, reaching the end and beating the game. If its a game that I like I sometimes take time to get extras do sidequests and unlockables.

But then I have friends that try to get all the trophies for all their games.
They spend hours trying to meet the trophy criteria and get a platinum and 100% the trophies.

Sometimes they won't even beat and get everything in a game but once they get a platinum they say they have no desire to keep playing.

I find this kind of gaming appalling so I try to stay away from it.
and I do consider myself a hardcore gamer.

Is there anyone else that feels the same way and does the same as me?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2RollingCradlePosted 3/3/2013 10:48:27 AM
Yes, you are indeed an utter disgrace.
#3jrr18Posted 3/3/2013 10:49:59 AM
No if you play a game for fun your whats right with gameing.
---
Victory over the space pirates through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#4JohnwaltPosted 3/3/2013 10:50:48 AM
What I do:

Play the game however want, then later on go back a few weeks/months later and do a 100% when I'm bored. (usually during the summer)
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
#5Godly_GoofPosted 3/3/2013 10:51:21 AM
The e-peen is small with this one :P
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#6Great_Pudding_3Posted 3/3/2013 10:52:14 AM
People like different things. I hate trophies and wish Sony never copied them but I get why some like them. They can offer some fun challenges and replayability.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#7toadiemanPosted 3/3/2013 10:56:08 AM
I prefer ingame accomplishments since I can get them over and over in each playthrough. Trophies are just one time things and to me kind of take away from the game once you get them all. So after I get done with platinuming a game I have no desire to play it again.
---
PSN: toadieman
#8xPercivala2536xPosted 3/3/2013 10:56:38 AM
I used to be hardcore about the achievements when Xbox 360 came out. I have a little over 60k Gamerscore and that was mostly accumulated from release day until 2009. Then I fell off and started playing to play again. I 1000/1000'd Just Cause in one sitting, in 26 hours. My friend and me had a race the day it came out and we private chatted the entire time until we finished.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#9ChuckyPosted 3/3/2013 11:00:55 AM
Playing for fun is the right way to play. If people find it more fun too jut play through at your pace and focus on just finishing the game then thats the right way to play for them. If people find it fun to hunt down every secret and get all trophies then thats the right way to play for them. There is not right way to play games and your only a bad gamer if your ruining it for others, so if it was a online match and instead of trying to play the game yourjust trying too boost for a trophy.

As for Trophies/Achievements I like them, I don't got out of my way for them and I don't play bad games because they have easy trophies/achievements. But I do check out what they are before I play a game and if some look like they'll be fun to go for then I'll go for them.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor
#10Viewtiful_JonPosted 3/3/2013 11:17:10 AM
I prefer when you got cool unlocks for doing interesting things in games, But was addicted to trophies for a while. Now I don't care about them and have not looked at a trophy list for well over a year.

Saying that they are a great idea for replayability for people who cannot afford many games.