This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dont you think this ruins open world racing games?

#1vr6exyvr6exyPosted 3/3/2013 3:28:03 PM
Having no people on the streets.
Nfs most wanted no people
Burnout paradise no people
I mean why is there no one?
#2MlREFOXPosted 3/3/2013 3:29:06 PM
Open world racing ruins racing. Who cares if there are pedestrians or not? Unique tracks are much, much better.
#3dankanefanPosted 3/3/2013 3:30:21 PM
If they let you run them over it would mean a Mature rating. If they had them run out of the way (like the first Driver game) then it would be very unrealistic.
---
www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com (My Gaming Blog)
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#4zyrax2301Posted 3/3/2013 3:30:23 PM
MlREFOX posted...
Open world racing ruins racing.

This. Roaming between tracks is just pointless filler.

That said, driving the distance between tracks in NFS is probably faster than navigating menus in GT5. Zing?!
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 3/3/2013 3:35:04 PM
Pretty sure Midnight Club had pedestrians..

Anyways, NFS the Run sucked. Who cares if it's a cross country race if all you're doing is racing in a straight line. Then they added a story element with characters to it, but we're restricted to QTE scenes.

An open world racing game should be just that. Open world. Meaning, I should be able to run around and stuff just like GTA, Only with better racing mechanics of course.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6wstfldPosted 3/3/2013 3:37:47 PM
I don't need to crush pedestrians at high speed in racing games. GTA on the other hand.
---
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#7flame030191Posted 3/3/2013 3:48:04 PM
Lack of motivation to make a good open world racing game ruined open world racing games. Back in NFS Most Wanted and (to a lesser extent) Carbon, there was tons to do in races and just free roam. Now any open world racing game has it just to have it. Theres no point and almost every one of them gives easy access to just skip it.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#8656stoogePosted 3/3/2013 3:50:29 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
MlREFOX posted...
Open world racing ruins racing.

This. Roaming between tracks is just pointless filler.

That said, driving the distance between tracks in NFS is probably faster than navigating menus in GT5. Zing?!

So true. I've never avoided a game before just because of the menus. I remember logging on when I first got it and my friend sent me a few gifts. It took me about ten minutes to find them with him explaining where they were over the headset.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 3/3/2013 3:53:44 PM
I want an actual racing RPG like Zero4 Champ series. Especially the one for PC Engine. That was a true RPG. With racing.

I bet I'm the only one here who even knows what that is....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10shads3055Posted 3/3/2013 3:58:30 PM
the run is what the new most wanted game should have been hwo cool would it be to try and out run cops from NY to CA in open world style. with rain and snow storms also. then go do random races..

i hope ps4 has that. since i bet ps3 or the dumb developers didnt want to do it