1) One hint will be given at first, but if the game hasn't been named sub-sequent hints may be given at the posters discretion
2) Only one guess per reply please, don't post a large list in hopes that one will be right, if a list is posted that guess will be rendered invalid even if the correct answer was part of the list
3) If you guessed the correct game, it's your turn to pick the next one, and provide the hints,
4) You are free to post hints in any manner you feel, but the more descriptive the hint, the easier it will be to guess, on the other hand, the more obscure the hint, the more likely that no one will guess
5) when posting your game / hints, PLEASE keep them grouped together, re-posting all hints for the current game. Example:
Game 4 Hint 1 - _____ Hint 2 - _____
6) Please wait until the current game poster has awarded you the win before posting your hint, to avoid triggering multiple conflicting hints from different games
7) If two people guessed the correct game, the earlier poster will be awarded the win
8) If no one can guess the game, and sufficient time has gone by... or if the original hint poster fails to return and deem a victor, I will close that current game, at which point the first person to post will be awarded the next game
9) no double posting. Exceptions: you may double post if you delete your previous guess, or if no one else has guessed in the last 12 hours.
10) Only games released in NTSC regions please. Some exceptions may apply if the game is stated. But some games could be impossible to guess if they were never released in some regions.
11) If in the case where an individual guesses the correct game, then proceeds to pass their turn at providing the hints they will not be awarded the point. Likewise if the current owner fails to return to deem a winner or continue providing hints for the current game.
I think that's it... above all else, good luck and have fun...
HINT 1: This game sparked many (unwanted) sequels and spin-offs.