This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think MGS4 had the best gameplay? How?

#1Tepig_BaconPosted 3/3/2013 5:37:46 PM
MGS4 turned the stealth into action. You had generic TPS controls and you could purchase lethal weapons and ammo whenever you wanted to. Plus, it didn't even make any sense. Why would everyone just start shooting at an old guy crawling on the ground? The game basically pushed you to use lethality and gave you an excess of ammo! What happened to finding guns in vents and actually being relieved you found it? Or slowly gaining more powerful, with new allies and weapons? Ridiculous. I hate MGS4. Hopefully GZ will be better.

TL;DR: Screw TPS controls, and Drebin + his unlimited ammo/weapons
---
Metal Gear!?
#2Ikilluha1Posted 3/3/2013 5:38:47 PM
Kojima said he wanted the player to play the game how they want to.

/thread
---
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3warrenmatsPosted 3/3/2013 5:40:13 PM
The only thing I had a problem with mgs4 is that it barely had any stealth after Act 3. Sure act 3 had a stalking mission but I thought it was boring. Act 4 and 5 were pretty much all action.
---
:D
#4vind3dPosted 3/3/2013 5:43:20 PM(edited)
Of course the new game style appeals to a wider audience. I played SoL when it first came out and tried to rush in like a hero. I got owned! Big time. I like MGS4 much better. ^ ^
---
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.
#5qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 3/3/2013 5:42:39 PM
Nobody says that, they all complain about MGS4's gameplay.
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#6DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/3/2013 5:42:53 PM
Chaos Theory is still the best stealth game of all time.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#7OmegaPosted 3/3/2013 5:43:12 PM
All of the acts utilize sneaking, wtf are you going on about?
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#8Devil_GearPosted 3/3/2013 5:43:43 PM
If you don't want/like to use Drebin's shop, you don't have to. The game is easy enough to get by playing it with having all weapons and items OSP, and earning the BBE at that. As for controls, I personally liked them. It felt slightly odd for me to go back to playing MGS1-3 after platting MGS4.
---
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box and it will take care of you."- Solid Snake
#9RayconPosted 3/3/2013 5:44:37 PM
warrenmats posted...
The only thing I had a problem with mgs4 is that it barely had any stealth after Act 3. Sure act 3 had a stalking mission but I thought it was boring. Act 4 and 5 were pretty much all action.

To be honest, the game itself suffered from a lack of gameplay to begin with. Going through and skipping all the cutscenes makes it really obvious. The first time through is great, but leaves you wanting more time to play around with the new innovations on consecutive runs.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#10ukokira1Posted 3/3/2013 5:46:13 PM
It did had the best gameplay. It was just handled horribly. MGO let the gameplay be unbounded.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.