This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think MGS4 had the best gameplay? How?

#11zyrax2301Posted 3/3/2013 4:49:28 PM
The controls were great. I can't say I've ever used Drebin's shop to buy ammo apart from maxing out each type for a 'complete' save file.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#12RayconPosted 3/3/2013 4:50:55 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
The controls were great. I can't say I've ever used Drebin's shop to buy ammo apart from maxing out each type for a 'complete' save file.

Same. Although I did have to cave for Anti-Material rifle ammo, as I couldn't seem to find it anywhere...
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#13ukokira1Posted 3/3/2013 4:51:35 PM
I would have used Drebins shop if he sold chaff grenades
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#14Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/3/2013 4:51:59 PM
Proud full stealthy MGS4 gamer in each playthrough signing up! :)
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#15zyrax2301Posted 3/3/2013 4:52:47 PM
ukokira1 posted...
I would have used Drebins shop if he sold chaff grenades

Haha yeah, I stockpiled those for 3 playthroughs before I got my bandana.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#16ReyMilansteryoPosted 3/3/2013 5:03:04 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

lol i only used the Drebin shop for emotion ammo
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: MGS HD Collection, Fallout 3 (PC) , Just Cause 2, Metal Gear Rising Reveangence, Uncharted 1, Vanquish
#17EseenuzPosted 3/3/2013 5:10:05 PM
BBE /thread
#18majin nemesisPosted 3/3/2013 5:47:13 PM
it does not have generic TPS control it actually has the most sneaking gameplay of all MGSs you have several cqc options snake can crawl and shoot while laying with his belly up,you can use the Mk. II to even more sneaking options and the controls are pretty good

Tepig_Bacon posted...
it didn't even make any sense. Why would everyone just start shooting at an old guy crawling on the ground?

let's see an old guy with lots of guns trying to sneak in a middle of a war in to military controled areas ya your right that's not suspicious at all and there's no reason for them to start atacking him

Tepig_Bacon posted...
the game basically pushed you to use lethality and gave you an excess of ammo!

no you only use lethal force if you want besides you also have weapons and excess ammo in other MGS
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#19Godstriker8Posted 3/3/2013 5:52:29 PM
The variety of options, and the amount of detail that went into the areas are impressive. If you listened to the integral podcasts, you'd see the details they put in the level design.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!