This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Playstation Plus worth it?

#1NOMPosted 3/3/2013 7:37:54 PM
I'm thinking about jumping on that deal for 15 months for $50...

Would like to hear some feedback from you folks about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hPt6w.jpg
#2A_Nonny_MoosePosted 3/3/2013 7:39:13 PM
Yes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#3HabefietPosted 3/3/2013 7:42:37 PM
Have owned my PS3 since November, got PS+ in late December or early January or something like that.

I've gotten way more than fifty dollars worth of free stuff, not counting discounts and other features like exclusive demos. Whether or not that free stuff is worth it... obviously there's some garbage in there (a terrible Foosball game, for example), but I've gotten enough stuff that I enjoy that it has already paid for itself in the two months I've had it, and I expect I'll be overwhelmed by it by the end of the year.

IMO, absolutely get it. An investment that pays for itself almost immediately.
#4NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:44:28 PM
Another question: And I know this is pure speculation so there's no real answer at this point, but do you guys think PS+ will carry over to PS4?
---
http://i.imgur.com/hPt6w.jpg
#5keybladeXIIIPosted 3/3/2013 7:44:58 PM
Yes, IMO.

Auto-update: lets your system download everything overnight when you're asleep, so when you wake up it's all ready. EXTREMELY useful if you buy a lot of digital games, which if you will if you're a plus member anyway.

Cloud Storage: Obviously useful. Over 1 GB of data you can save to easily access in case your PS3 goes bad or if you wan't to access your saves on another PS3. Also updates on auto-update.

Exclusive Discounts: Some of them are actually really good and competitive at times, and you keep them forever as long as you paid at least a penny for it

Free Games: Don't wanna get too into this but it's nice. It's been kinda lackluster lately, but they usually have great games, especially if you're a Vita owner.

Other: Free avatars, themes, and EARLY access to some betas and demos.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#6RubMyDuckyPosted 3/3/2013 7:45:37 PM
70 bucks a a year for $300 worth of gaming content a month? Yes, it's worth it.
---
To stay on top, you have to think and act like you're still at the bottom.
#7A_Nonny_MoosePosted 3/3/2013 7:45:54 PM
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/03/01/interview-jim-ryan-and-michael-denny-discuss-playstation-4/

How do you see the PlayStation Plus service evolving over the next couple of years as PlayStation 4 enters the ecosystem?

Jim Ryan:
Were very happy with the service that weve been able to offer with PS Plus. Its been really well received the value is quite extraordinary and the take-up has trebled over the course of the past year. We definitely see that as a core part of the way forward. Were not yet in a position to disclose our plans for the future of PlayStation Plus, but there will definitely be a prominent role to play for it in the PlayStation 4 landscape.

---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#8keybladeXIIIPosted 3/3/2013 7:46:14 PM
Another question: And I know this is pure speculation so there's no real answer at this point, but do you guys think PS+ will carry over to PS4?

It's pretty much confirmed, because on the PS4 press conference, they had a slide that said they were bringing PS+ along with Netflix and other services back.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#9VindictivePacifistPosted 3/3/2013 7:49:38 PM
I generally only buy clearance or psn games that are on sale (75% or so), so for me it is very worth it. Some of my favorite games last year were Plus games I've never even heard of.

The best $4 a month I spend.
#10kuterPosted 3/3/2013 7:52:52 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Yes, IMO.

Auto-update: lets your system download everything overnight when you're asleep, so when you wake up it's all ready. EXTREMELY useful if you buy a lot of digital games, which if you will if you're a plus member anyway.

Cloud Storage: Obviously useful. Over 1 GB of data you can save to easily access in case your PS3 goes bad or if you wan't to access your saves on another PS3. Also updates on auto-update.

Exclusive Discounts: Some of them are actually really good and competitive at times, and you keep them forever as long as you paid at least a penny for it

Free Games: Don't wanna get too into this but it's nice. It's been kinda lackluster lately, but they usually have great games, especially if you're a Vita owner.

Other: Free avatars, themes, and EARLY access to some betas and demos.

1- It auto-updates every game that you have ever played (for me at least it tried that..)

2- USB Stick.

3- Most of them are crappy stuff, in rare occasion that they are for the game that you currently play.

4- some are good, some are just bad.

Other : Never seen free avatar that looked decent