This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people praise bad games?

#131theshovellerPosted 3/5/2013 1:55:44 PM
Castiel39 posted...
Should we be humans with our own personality and opinions or are we brainless puppets that have to think the same as the popular opinion? Try harder.

That's why I always find it a bit hilarious when either hard-line side in an opinion-based argument tosses out the "sheep" insult. It only does their argument harm by using a "herd mentality" argument while implying they're somehow different.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#132agrissaPosted 3/5/2013 2:06:29 PM
theshoveller posted...
I thought shoving your opinion down someone else's throat was "troll-like behavior.". Odd, coming from the "super hero of the boards."

How am I shoving my opinion down someone else's throat when I just specifically said that's not what I'm doing? Just stating the fact that there are things that are generally accepted by most to be "bad". If you like one of A LOT those things, then ppl would say you have bad taste, and understandably so.

Castiel39 posted...
Again, "bad taste" isn't anything that has ever existed and there isn't anything like questionable taste.

Yes it does exist. Why do you think the phrase exists in the first place? Look up a dictionary and learn what it means.

Castiel39 posted...
Just because most people say that something sucks it doesn't mean it really does as a matter of fact.

Never said it was a fact.

Castiel39 posted...
If you like something that doesn't make you have either, good or bad taste.

It really depends on what that something is. If you like Justin Bieber, Twilight, or Michael Bay movies, than you have bad taste no matter how you try to spin it, sorry.

Castiel39 posted...
Should we be humans with our own personality and opinions or are we brainless puppets that have to think the same as the popular opinion?

Of course you should be different. At least we agree there. Most ppl are sheep and like the tasteless stuff mentioned above. CoD and many other PAAGGs sold like hotcakes in spite of how shallow it is. People eat up Crapcom games and defend the DLCs.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#133crazyman32Posted 3/5/2013 2:23:56 PM
Castiel39 posted...
agrissa posted...
Castiel39 posted...
If you have to compare tastes in videogames with Hitler being good or bad you are doing something wrong. I'm not going to let people decide what i have to consider good or bad, that will allways be MY decision. If you think otherwise though, i'm not going to stop you. Heck, there's probably someone out there who likes Superman 64 a lot, and i'm not going to be the one that will try to convince him that is a horrible game.

No one's trying to dictate your taste or your opinion. Just letting you come to the realization that some games really are so bad to the point that 99% ppl think it's bad, so if you like it you have questionable taste in games. It's okay to have bad taste in games. As long as bad games aren't all you play.

Again, "bad taste" isn't anything that has ever existed and there isn't anything like questionable taste. Just because most people say that something sucks it doesn't mean it really does as a matter of fact. If you like something that doesn't make you have either, good or bad taste. Should we be humans with our own personality and opinions or are we brainless puppets that have to think the same as the popular opinion? Try harder.

well said that is how Gamefaqs trolls operate.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#134dj___rollPosted 3/5/2013 2:29:13 PM
Quote:Stanger5150 posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
agrissa posted...
TC has a good point. There are some games that are just so bad/disappointing that it's universally considered to be a failure, and no one in the right mind would praise them. Superman 64 and E.T. are two such examples. Current gen examples would include DmC, RE6, and FFXIII. So yeah the answer is the 3 reasons I listed above.

You can not like RE6 and FF XIII, but they are in no way as bad as Superman 64.

Superman is bad because it's a glitchy, unfinished, broken mess with bad controls. That's a whole different level of bad that goes outside subjective opinion.

And stop talking s*** about ET. It isn't near as bad as Superman 64, and isn't even close to being the worst of all time.

Im sorry ET is most def one of the wosrt games of all time....very very easily Ive played it...its horrd and what makes it even worse is not only is it horrid but there is nothing to it, game is like 10 minutes. 10 minutes of some of the worse gaming ever

superman 64 would be the greatest game ever when put up against ET. In fact you are the only person in my gaming life I have heard say ET isnt that bad.....yes yes it is lol

I think it's a bad game... But "worst of all time" is reserved for ones that are broken, and can't be beaten due to bugs (Cheetahmen II). ET at least can be finished and has set goals once you know what to do. There are a TON of 2600 games that can't even do that.

dude lol...the game was made in record time to meet a deadline, it WAS a broken mess lol, barely functional, glitchy as hell, horrific boring almost non existant gameplay that was over in ten min lol.....it helped cause the crash of the industry lol....it was so bad its creator has apologised for it, himslef admitting its one of the worst of all time lol....\\for goodness sakes they literally dumped the rest in a landfill cause there was no way to sell them lol.....

@true_gamer80

It wasn't ET that caused the crash. It was the ridiculous amount of software available with way to tell what it was like or how good it is because of no quality control or review system. Blaming one game is ignorant.

The reason Nintendo was able to restart the industry is because of their seal of approval that used to mean something in addition to them making Nintendo Power. They modernized the industry to allow it to succeed and survive.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10