This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do u think Lords of Shadow 2 has potential to beat MGR, GoWA, TR, and DmC (lol)

#31jammiesPosted 3/4/2013 7:05:43 AM
Bman3rd posted...
wow another person who typed lol. how original. did you really laugh out loud or just type it?
it seems to me that you didn't laugh out loud and you just typed it. stop typing lol because you didn't laugh out loud. it sickens me that people abuse the lol. if you're gonna type lol you had better be really laughing out loud.

I'm not sure whether I hate the term "lol" or stupid rants like the one I'm quoting more.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#32Succulent_FartsPosted 3/4/2013 7:08:33 AM
The Original Lords of Shadow was pretty boring, and had a really shallow combat system. People talk about God of War having a shallow Combat System, but LoS has the most shallow Combat System of every game mentioned here with similar styled gameplay, so i'm not considering Tomb Raider.

They would have to greatly improve on the original for it to even be slightly comparable to MGR, GoW and even DmC in terms of the Combat. As for everything else, LoS was just fine, but it definitely excelled in the department of visuals. I'll give it that
#33Bman3rdPosted 3/4/2013 7:11:46 AM
jammies posted...
Bman3rd posted...
wow another person who typed lol. how original. did you really laugh out loud or just type it?
it seems to me that you didn't laugh out loud and you just typed it. stop typing lol because you didn't laugh out loud. it sickens me that people abuse the lol. if you're gonna type lol you had better be really laughing out loud.

I'm not sure whether I hate the term "lol" or stupid rants like the one I'm quoting more.

if you don't like the rat then don't quote it.
---
Diamonds are forever, and so's Ric Flair!, Woooo! To be the man, you have to beat the man! The greatest Wrestling DVD set ever made The Ultimate Ric Flair!
#34jammiesPosted 3/4/2013 7:13:23 AM
Bman3rd posted...
jammies posted...
Bman3rd posted...

if you don't like the rat then don't quote it.

I do like rats.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#35hikari_kPosted 3/4/2013 7:15:47 AM
flame030191 posted...
gucciburrr posted...
Shouldn't the "lol" be beside MGR since it not only has a lower meta score than DmC but has an average in the 70s (lol)?

Not to mention is the shortest of the bunch.

DmC sales are not going to reach a 1M life time sales, making it the worst selling in the series. It came out with a lot more PS3 and 360 sold than when DMC4 was around. It was released in a period with no competition, had a lot of great reviews and was an action game like any other game in the series.

MGR in 1 week sold more than DmC in over a month and came out the same week as Crysis 3. Not only that, it's an action game when the rest of the series is based on stealth and the main character in the game is the least liked of all the MGS protagonist.

Don't try to say that sales are not important, the whole point of getting a western developer for DmC was to boost sales. Capcom said there were expecting over 5M and they lost all hope in getting to 1M.

I'm sure that 5 or 6 point lead in metacritic is far more important to a business than actual profit, so yeah, DmC sure beat MGR.
#36Mystickay86Posted 3/4/2013 7:19:21 AM
ukokira1 posted...
kel25 posted...
ukokira1 posted...
gucciburrr posted...
Shouldn't the "lol" be beside MGR since it not only has a lower meta score than DmC but has an average in the 70s (lol)?

MGR is 80 on Metacretic. And has a higher user score than DmC. Get your lies out of here

Yeah, because user scores are too be trusted. I'm sure all the 0's given by the butthurt DMC fanboys didn't do anything to lower its user score.

And let me stop you before you accuse me of being a MGR fanboy. I don't like these types of games.

DmC most likely had paid reviews. There was some that even said that the story was uninteresting and the gameplay was bland but still gave it a high score. Plus you gotta remember there are also butthurt people on MGR side due to dead Snake and the change from Stealth to action.

So your logic: DMC with High reviews = Paid. Low reviews = Legit. Frick this generation of gamers.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#37SuperShadowAcePosted 3/4/2013 7:24:04 AM
Not sure, TR holds your hand the whole time (game was leaked) and GoW:A felt samey and Kratos blends in with the background.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#38ukokira1Posted 3/4/2013 2:48:47 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
ukokira1 posted...
flame030191 posted...
gucciburrr posted...

Not to mention is the shortest of the bunch.

Again. MGR is 83 on Metacretic.

That's the less reviewed 360 version. The PS3 version is at 80 after sitting at 79 for a good while.

Also lol at people acting like DmC is a bad game when it has the deepest gameplay of this line-up.

The point was that it was not at the low 70s at the time of Guccibers post.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#39ukokira1Posted 3/4/2013 2:52:01 PM
Mystickay86 posted...
ukokira1 posted...
kel25 posted...
ukokira1 posted...
gucciburrr posted...

MGR is 80 on Metacretic. And has a higher user score than DmC. Get your lies out of here

Yeah, because user scores are too be trusted. I'm sure all the 0's given by the butthurt DMC fanboys didn't do anything to lower its user score.

And let me stop you before you accuse me of being a MGR fanboy. I don't like these types of games.

DmC most likely had paid reviews. There was some that even said that the story was uninteresting and the gameplay was bland but still gave it a high score. Plus you gotta remember there are also butthurt people on MGR side due to dead Snake and the change from Stealth to action.

So your logic: DMC with High reviews = Paid. Low reviews = Legit. Frick this generation of gamers.

Oh there was high reviews that are legit. But quite a few of the others told how boring the gameplay was and still gave the high score
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#40SigmaHacielPosted 3/4/2013 2:56:17 PM
No.

Again, these games are different action approaches all together.

LoS2 MIGHT beat GoW-A, but MGR is a completely different "style" of action game.