This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I REALLY don't get what Ubisoft is doing these days in one area.

#1Justice98405Posted 3/4/2013 6:59:55 AM
We've been getting Assassin's Creed games left and right. I'm having a tough time getting through Revelations (it's all just starting to wear thin) and then there's still AC3 AND Liberation, since I have a Vita. And now we're getting Black Flag.

WHERE'S PRINCE OF PERSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

That last Prince of Persia game was AWESOME, and was begging for a follow-up, and it never happened.

I kept thinking, okay, now they're gonna take a break from AC and give us another Prince of Persia. But no, it hasn't happened yet. Watch Dogs looks amazing, and it looks to me like the next 'evolution' of the overall gameplay and ideas from Assassin's Creed.

But again, too many damn Assassin's Creed games, it's getting old fast, and no sign of Prince of Persia making a return. Anyone else feel this way as well?
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2656stoogePosted 3/4/2013 7:01:50 AM
The PoP series unfortunately never sold very well. AssCreed killed PoP.

It's a shame, as I really enjoyed the setting of the PoP games. I'd especially like another one done in the style of Sands of Time.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#3MudbuttSanchezPosted 3/4/2013 7:02:06 AM
Prince of Persia was pretty boring because you could never die in it.
#4steelix55Posted 3/4/2013 7:02:48 AM
I too think it's annoying that Assassin's Creed games have been coming out every year. However, I did enjoy Ezio's Trilogy. I despised 1 and 3.
---
Go Cards!
#5koalabear9000Posted 3/4/2013 7:11:12 AM
MudbuttSanchez posted...
Prince of Persia was pretty boring because you could never die in it.

Isn't this problem in all of the AC games also?
#6BlueBombei2Posted 3/4/2013 7:18:23 AM
I completely agree. This is why I laugh when I see people say God of War is milked. Especially since you can tell that some of them never finished the game since they think Kratos is dead !
#7TauriLeaderPosted 3/4/2013 7:45:48 AM
Prince of Persia never sold very well.

Adding up the sales from Sands of Time up to Forgotten Sands it only sold about 12 million across 8 platforms.

Assassin's Creed III sold 14 Million on 3 platforms.

It is not surprising that they have got 5 or 6 studios working on an Assassin's Creed game around the clock. I am sure they have Assassin's Creed V in development somewhere.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#8huyiPosted 3/4/2013 9:12:12 AM
Assassin's Creed is milked, no denying that, it sells well so they pump out as much games as they can (yearly) before people get bored of them, i have the first game but the clunky controls put me way off, i also have revelations but i've never touched it since i bought it, i just have no incentive to play, no matter how much i try to force myself to play these games i simply cannot do it, not my kind of game.

and i agree, i want a new prince of persia game, the last one they released was embarrassingly easy lol
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9Lockheart34Posted 3/4/2013 9:29:23 AM
I read that AC is the spiritual successor to PoP so we will never get another PoP game from them.

At least Ubisoft still give us other games, unlike some developers. WatchDogs and Rayman Legends, which looks crazy fun, are two I can't wait for. Beyond Good and Evil 2 should get a release next gen as well. If anything, you should be glad AC sells so god damn well, it's probably funding other projects.
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#10ChaoticKnucklesPosted 3/4/2013 9:32:26 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
I completely agree. This is why I laugh when I see people say God of War is milked. Especially since you can tell that some of them never finished the game since they think Kratos is dead !

Whether or not Kratos is dead is debatable at best. I own and have beaten each God of War game multiple times and there's no clear answer one way or the other about that. And this new game isn't gonna answer the question either since it's a prequel.

As for the AC franchise, Ubisoft said right after they released Brotherhood that they were going to be releasing a new AC every year as long as it remained profitable which it obviously has. I enjoy the gameplay and the stories of each game so for me I'm just getting more of what I like every year. I will continue to buy them and anyone who feels the series is being milked is free to spend their money on something else.

I will agree about Prince of Persia (of which I also own every game in the series). I'd like to see more of those get produced, but they make what sells and I guess people don't care about PoP these days.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.