This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the f*** Bethesda...? Skyrim STILL LAGS LIKE S***!!!

#1iPr0kkaFTWPosted 3/4/2013 10:10:38 AM
Skyrim played perfectly fine when they released a patched that actually remedied the lag issues the PS3 version suffered but all of a sudden after installing Dawnguard it's f***ing back! I installed and played Dragonborn/Hearthfire perfectly fine but when it came to Dawnguard I've noticed a lot of horrible stuttering (reminiscence of pre-patch Skyrim) and terrible loading issues. There will be times when I am hanged-up on the loading screen and completely freezing-up during gameplay.

It's no wonder Bethesda kept delaying Dawnguard over and over... They've said the problems were fixed with the PS3 version of Dawnguard, bunch of utter bulls***.
#2true_gamer80Posted 3/4/2013 10:14:00 AM(edited)
been playing it for 3 weeks straght, no issues for me.

Have you turned off all the autosaving aside from waiting?

oops forgot to mention I seen a few ppl at the skyrim board say they had an issue with the dawnguard, I dont know if it was the same issue but I know a delete and reinstall fixed whatever issues they were having.

Obviously the game has had its issues but your the only person I seen saying its as broken as when it first came out, something is def wrong with your situation here.
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#3BeastLeeAdamsPosted 3/4/2013 10:12:42 AM
Blame PS3 for the Peice of S*** Architecture
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.
#4superbowl54Posted 3/4/2013 10:14:11 AM
BeastLeeAdams posted...

on the contrary, blame Bethesda for their POS englne.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#5iPr0kkaFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 10:15:26 AM
true_gamer80 posted...

Yes, I turned off the auto-saving features and it didn't help out. Instead I've lost an hour or so of progress because the game freezes-up and I forget to manually save. I've poured more than 160 hours in my game save and it's a little over 16MB in size.
#6true_gamer80Posted 3/4/2013 10:17:16 AM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

Yes, I turned off the auto-saving features and it didn't help out. Instead I've lost an hour or so of progress because the game freezes-up and I forget to manually save. I've poured more than 160 hours in my game save and it's a little over 16MB in size.

Im not going to sit here and pretend to be all knowing lol, have you tried the skyrim board? They are extremely helpfull over there. Like I said obviously the game has had its issues but it should be running fine now, something isnt right with your situation here. Have you tried to delete and reinstall it yet? Before doing that I would post your issue at its board first though.
---
#7StockpileThomasPosted 3/4/2013 10:46:26 AM
superbowl54 posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...

While i will agree that the engine is a POS, i've played Bethesda games on brand new PS3s and they still can't run them to an acceptable standard, 30 odd crashes later and the brand new PS3 is giving disc read error only a few months into it's life. Switch over to my 2 yr old Xbox and they run like a dream. Obviously i don't buy Bethesda games for PS3 anymore.
#8ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/4/2013 10:47:55 AM
BeastLeeAdams posted...

This is funny because every other developer makes games that run perfectly fine on the PS3.

Bethesda is just a godawful dev.
#9true_gamer80Posted 3/4/2013 10:50:29 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...

This is funny because every other developer makes games that run perfectly fine on the PS3.

Bethesda is just a godawful dev.

oh come on, I would like to see other devs attempt to make games of this scope and depth. Im not going to defend them but at the same time they are making games 99.99% of all other devs wont even attempt to. Calling bethesda god awful devs is absurd
---
#10CrimsonCorpPosted 3/4/2013 10:51:41 AM
superbowl54 posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...

both of you are right. But I think I'll blame more the PS3's architecture than Bethesda in this case.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"