This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the f*** Bethesda...? Skyrim STILL LAGS LIKE S***!!!

#21Kaiser499Posted 3/4/2013 8:46:54 PM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
Skyrim played perfectly fine when they released a patched that actually remedied the lag issues the PS3 version suffered but all of a sudden after installing Dawnguard it's f***ing back! I installed and played Dragonborn/Hearthfire perfectly fine but when it came to Dawnguard I've noticed a lot of horrible stuttering (reminiscence of pre-patch Skyrim) and terrible loading issues. There will be times when I am hanged-up on the loading screen and completely freezing-up during gameplay.

It's no wonder Bethesda kept delaying Dawnguard over and over... They've said the problems were fixed with the PS3 version of Dawnguard, bunch of utter bulls***.

No offense but it's your own fault for buying a non tested game.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#22Thermador446Posted 3/4/2013 9:00:24 PM
wigsplasher posted...

On the other hand, I think you should know not to buy their games by now if you're so upset with how they play.

I agree 100%

If people b****ed half as hard towards customer service as they do on the internet about it, they might have considered fixing it by now, just to make people stop calling.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#23Raven_CyarmPosted 3/4/2013 9:06:44 PM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
I do have Skyrim on the PC but I'm playing the PS3 version for trophies.

Go outside.
---
You're not the official anything of any board.
Stop it.
#24ironbruPosted 3/5/2013 12:44:48 AM
wigsplasher posted...
ironbru posted...
The fact is that pretty much all developers have got the hang of programming for the PS3 now, which they should after over 6 years of the console being released.

I don't think they should have the hang of PS3's cumbersome architecture now if they don't need to. Bethesda gets sales through the roof already and PS4 is shipping later this year so there's no point in learning now. On the other hand, I think you should know not to buy their games by now if you're so upset with how they play.

You clearly didn't read my post as I have no problem with how there games play, I even said I like there games.

My problem is that they they cant release a games without it being a completely broken mess, despite the fact they have been using the same engine for there games since Morrowind with a few updates for each game, then rely on there own paying customers to fix it.

Skyrim has some of the exact same glitches and bugs that have existed since Morrowind, that game was released 11 years ago. 11 years And they still can't fix bugs and glitches in there own engine!

I really wish people would stop making excuses for Bethesda. If Obsidian release a buggy game people go mental, yet if it's Bethesda people make excuses for them.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport, Wipeout Series and main Pokemon Series.
#25ironbruPosted 3/5/2013 1:07:45 AM
Thermador446 posted...
wigsplasher posted...

On the other hand, I think you should know not to buy their games by now if you're so upset with how they play.

I agree 100%

If people b****ed half as hard towards customer service as they do on the internet about it, they might have considered fixing it by now, just to make people stop calling.

People do that, Besthesda simple don't care, they rely on there paying PC customers to fix there PC games.

Bethesda also got a lot of complaints from fans about the state PS3 Skyrim was released in and about the bugs that still exist in the PS3 version of Oblivion but not the other versions since they fixed them in those versions. We know what happen with Skyrim but for Oblivion Bethesda refused to talk about it.

Someone even emailed Bethesda about some bugs in the PC version of Skyrim, telling them the exact cause of some particular bugs and glitches (the guy was a programmer and moder) and exactly how to fix them, Bethesda refused to fix them.

Bethesda even said before Skyrim was released that they have no intention of fixing the bugs and glitches in the game because they think it takes away from the character of the game. Could have sworn it was suppose to be the world, it's characters and story that gave they game character and not there lack of programming.

Like I have said a few times Bethesda simply don't care, they know people will buy there games even when it is a complete broken mess. I wait a few months so the games are at least kinda playable instead of totally unplayable.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport, Wipeout Series and main Pokemon Series.
#26deathsaber79Posted 3/5/2013 8:41:54 AM
Ultimately you blame Bethesda- they know what the ps3's specs are- they need to design a game that works within those specs- or don't release at all on ps3.

They seem to just develop on Xbox as their lead kit and then straight port over to ps3 without any console specific optimization, then cross fingers and hope their ps3 board doesn't go crazy a week after release. Alas, this doesn't ever work since their games are highly memory dependant, and PS3 has a narrower space to work with there.

Their engine probably would work well on ps3 if they implemented a reset on corpses, doors, and loot not kept in designated "safe" containers and such every 50 in game days or something (and I doubt anyone much would care), but alas the way it goes, is their games start ok and then become a ticking time bomb about 20 hours in because the memory space gets sucked dry.

But, in typical 3rd party fashion, few of them want to give ps3 special attention.
#27BeastLeeAdamsPosted 3/5/2013 8:49:27 AM
ironbru posted...
wigsplasher posted...
ironbru posted...
The fact is that pretty much all developers have got the hang of programming for the PS3 now, which they should after over 6 years of the console being released.

I don't think they should have the hang of PS3's cumbersome architecture now if they don't need to. Bethesda gets sales through the roof already and PS4 is shipping later this year so there's no point in learning now. On the other hand, I think you should know not to buy their games by now if you're so upset with how they play.

You clearly didn't read my post as I have no problem with how there games play, I even said I like there games.

My problem is that they they cant release a games without it being a completely broken mess, despite the fact they have been using the same engine for there games since Morrowind with a few updates for each game, then rely on there own paying customers to fix it.

Skyrim has some of the exact same glitches and bugs that have existed since Morrowind, that game was released 11 years ago. 11 years And they still can't fix bugs and glitches in there own engine!

I really wish people would stop making excuses for Bethesda. If Obsidian release a buggy game people go mental, yet if it's Bethesda people make excuses for them.

They made a brand new engine for this game.....they talked a lot about it, especially with radiant quests...
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.
#28Thor61Posted 3/5/2013 8:52:28 AM
I played Skyrom on 350 and the loading times were very slow on that too. I don't know how different it is on the ps3 but if it's worse than there's way I'd be playing that.
#29ironbruPosted 3/5/2013 1:52:26 PM(edited)
Ultimately you blame Bethesda- they know what the ps3's specs are- they need to design a game that works within those specs- or don't release at all on ps3.

They seem to just develop on Xbox as their lead kit and then straight port over to ps3 without any console specific optimization, then cross fingers and hope their ps3 board doesn't go crazy a week after release. Alas, this doesn't ever work since their games are highly memory dependant, and PS3 has a narrower space to work with there.

Their engine probably would work well on ps3 if they implemented a reset on corpses, doors, and loot not kept in designated "safe" containers and such every 50 in game days or something (and I doubt anyone much would care), but alas the way it goes, is their games start ok and then become a ticking time bomb about 20 hours in because the memory space gets sucked dry.

But, in typical 3rd party fashion, few of them want to give ps3 special attention.

The PS3 and 360 both have the same amount of RAM, 512 MB. The PS3 has it split in half, 256MB can only be used for graphics while the rest can be used how ever the Devs like. For the 360 it isn't shared so the Devs can use all of it's RAM how they like. To try and make up for this (and failing by the many complaints from various Devs) the PS3 uses a faster type of RAM than the 360.

Then you have the Cell to deal with which works nothing like the CPU in the 360 and the fact that the GPU in the PS3 is a little bit weaker than the GPU in the 360.

Porting it over without doing any console specific optimization is a stupid thing to do, regardless of what console it is being ported to. How the hell do they expect the game to work correctly if they don't do that?

They made a brand new engine for this game.....they talked a lot about it, especially with radiant quests...

If you look it up you will see that this "brand new engine" is actually a tweaked version of the engine they have been using since Morrowind. They just added something to it to control the Radiant Quests and a few AI enhancements.
---