This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since FF vs. Xlll was announced, how many games has Square Enix released?

#1DarthLaharlPosted 3/4/2013 4:47:22 PM
Anybody know an exact number?

I mean including iOS, Android, DS, PSP, Vita, 3DS, PC, 360, PS3, PS2(japan), and Wii.

Including remakes and re-releases and HD collections.
---
PSN: Unretributed
#2Master_HapposaiPosted 3/4/2013 4:48:03 PM
Over 9000
#3blitz_0623Posted 3/4/2013 4:50:57 PM
Idk the exact #, but definitely 10+
Versus was announced 2006 IIRC.
If you include published games like Deus Ex and Star Ocean, that makes it over 20.
#4anonymous46773Posted 3/4/2013 4:52:29 PM(edited)
About 150 (ballpark number; didn't actually count)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_video_games

Was announced November 2005
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5Ness0123456789Posted 3/4/2013 5:06:53 PM(edited)
I still think the most hilarious, as well as depressing, part about Final Fantasy Versus XIII's development is that it was announced before the PS3 was released, and now it's gone without a release for the entire life cycle of the console it was originally supposed to be released on.

What the hell is Square doing over there with that game? It does not take upwards of a decade to create a single JRPG.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#6DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:31:41 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
I still think the most hilarious, as well as depressing, part about Final Fantasy Versus XIII's development is that it was announced before the PS3 was released, and now it's gone without a release for the entire life cycle of the console it was originally supposed to be released on.

What the hell is Square doing over there with that game? It does not take upwards of a decade to create a single JRPG.

I never thought about it like THAT, damn,... Square sucks so much ass right now..
---
PSN: Unretributed
#7ORANGE666Posted 3/4/2013 5:40:41 PM(edited)
Final Fantasy 14 almost bankrupted SE. They devoted most of their staff including the ones working on Versus to save the game. Most of the other games were developed by the leftover teams/people. Hence FF13-2 and FF Lightning Returns. Easy to make since they reused the engine from FF13 so less cost=safer and doesn't require the people working on 14

If FF14 flops again, SE won't be able to recover from it.