This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dead space officially killed off by EA due to poor sales

#151almasbabyPosted 3/6/2013 6:43:59 AM
EA is stupid. Why seek a new, broader audience and jeapordize appealing to the one that made the series a success? Serves them right.
#152king_maddenPosted 3/6/2013 8:37:49 AM
I still love these comments coming in though, even after it was proven to be false people are still commenting like topic title is true. no one reads anymore.
#153JeffLamPosted 3/6/2013 12:41:23 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Lol no, do you even pay attention to what the developers say? They even call it an action horror franchise, as in, action is the primary focus, horror is the secondary focus.

Or have you just not played the games and figured out that they're action first horror second?

That's funny, since I got the impression you weren't a fan of the first two and just loved what Dead Space 3 became.
#154Flare1721Posted 3/8/2013 10:25:17 PM
bump
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#155Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:26:27 PM
I love this topic... Makes me feel good.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#156gamestop27Posted 3/8/2013 10:34:00 PM
Hey Sophistication have you ever thought about making videos? The things you type on this board would be a lot more funnier with a face behind them.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#157Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:42:47 PM
gamestop27 posted...
Hey Sophistication have you ever thought about making videos? The things you type on this board would be a lot more funnier with a face behind them.

You know, we, me and a fellow Sophistocrat, were talking about this just last week...
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#158riddlebox89Posted 3/8/2013 11:31:01 PM
JeffLam posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Lol no, do you even pay attention to what the developers say? They even call it an action horror franchise, as in, action is the primary focus, horror is the secondary focus.

Or have you just not played the games and figured out that they're action first horror second?

That's funny, since I got the impression you weren't a fan of the first two and just loved what Dead Space 3 became.

Actually you're wrong, I love the first two games, Dead Space 3 didn't become anything that's not Dead Space, the only real differences are the coop, weapon crafting system.

But the fact remains, Dead Space was always an action first, horror second franchise.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#159RyuuHou25Posted 3/8/2013 11:41:08 PM
Flare1721 posted...
bump

Why? Why do you do this, this just provokes star boy more, WHY!!!!
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#160spectermaster14Posted 3/8/2013 11:42:10 PM
JeffLam posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Actually you're wrong, I love the first two games, Dead Space 3 didn't become anything that's not Dead Space, the only real differences are the coop, weapon crafting system.

But the fact remains, Dead Space was always an action first, horror second franchise.

Can I just pop in here and say that, for all the whining about the microtransactions, there's not nearly enough mention of the crafting system? I mean, that's ninety percent of what they have on offer. Parts or enhancements so you can get parts quicker. You wouldn't even know it HAD a crafting system based on some arguments here. But mostly I just like mentioning it, because the weapons are bad ass. More games need rivet shotguns, is all I'm saying.