This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So PS3 gamers, how is Tomb Raider?

#31yuber112Posted 3/5/2013 7:55:41 PM
I just hope that if they make a sequel that they at least bring back some of her Gymnastic crap she was famous for. It was weird but it was still part of Tomb Raider.
#32BigSaltyDookiePosted 3/5/2013 8:08:00 PM
I'm about 90 minutes into it and it's pretty great. Looks and plays amazingly well. Great narrative and the game mechanics are really well done too. Definitely a massive step up for the series.
---
Now Playing: Tomb Raider (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3) - L4D2 (360) - WWE '13 (PS3)
#33Rob_the_NinjaPosted 3/5/2013 8:34:51 PM
Got it from Redbox today, and I'm about 3 hours in.

It's...Alright. I could go either way on the whole cinematic flair the game goes for. Sometimes it's pretty cool, other times it feels intrusive. There's plenty to explore, but all it seems to amount to so far is salvage, which ties into the XP system, and is stuff you literally trip over 'cause that **** is everywhere. Exploration feels sorta hollow right now.

It helps that the game is downright gorgeous, but it's not that involving outside of the combat...Which I don't really like. There's always a guy with a molotov, who's more of an annoyance than anything. Same goes for the guys who just rush you, which can sometimes make the automatic cover work against you. The best moments so far come from being able to stealth around with the bow. The worst being a horribly contrived encounter which I assumed was a boss, and whenever they force you into direct combat.

Story...Eh.

So far it's better than what I expected, since I went in with very, very low expectations due to the marketing, but it's also not as good as it's hyped. I'm still going to play more of it, but it feels like I'm just going through the motions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#34FishyGoodness12Posted 3/6/2013 3:34:29 AM
No one answered me...Is she still raiding tombs >_>
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#35Justice98405Posted 3/6/2013 5:59:55 AM
"No one answered me...Is she still raiding tombs >_>"

Yes, there are tombs to be found on the island that you 'raid'.
So far I've done two, and they're pretty small, but pretty cool, especially the second one I did.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#36este914Posted 3/6/2013 6:04:25 AM
crazyman32 posted...
yankeefan03 posted...
shawnmck posted...
loseswithluigi posted...
It kinda devolved into Uncharted. Its fun but it isn't as it was advertised when the game was announced.

^ Umm, no...
The classic Tomb Raider games are archaic and basic.
Uncharted is the Ferrari to the old Tomb Raider's old style VW beetle.
The new reboot needed to be brought into the current gen to be relevant again, otherwise it would be severely outdated & obsolete.
It's like having Resident Evil with the classic tank-like controls.
At some point it becomes obsolete.

If Eidos would have just made another Tomb Raider game with the exact same style of the classic TR, then it would NOT have scored anywhere near as good.
Just go play Tomb Raider: Underworld.
The formula was getting stale.

This guy gets it. Same thing I have been saying. Thats like saying Max Payne 3 is just a Gears of War ripoff.

I agree Tomb Raider needed a reboot if it was going to survive the old style was stale.

Isnt that obvious though? I mean, we're no longer in PS1 times and developers are not restricted like they were back in the original TR days. In fact, I dont see many games coming out today that you could say are 'PS1 quality' type of games. Obviously they were going to put effort into this and try it make it big. That's the trend now-a-days anyway.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#37ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/6/2013 6:05:27 AM
What's annoying is, once an enemy sees you, all of them immediately know where you are. Even when you change your location without them seeing it, they still know exactly where you went and will follow you.
#38friendlyspiderPosted 3/6/2013 10:26:05 AM
Ok I'm further in now, no story spoilers. It is fun & great, STILL HATE THE QTEs, but I'm dealing with it. What everybody has said I agree with, but I miss Lara's classic moves. pressing circle makes her crabwalk, which looks like how she used to scale the walls in underworld. I miss being able to swandive. I miss dodging & being able to shoot. There are way too many gunfights. The ”tombs” are a joke! It's literally solve 1 puzzle, open some golden box, she reaches in for 1 trinket lol
---
PSN/MGO = friendlyspider
"talking?! during horsehead bookends?!?"
#39SieKensouPosted 3/6/2013 10:30:03 AM
friendlyspider posted...
Ok I'm further in now, no story spoilers. It is fun & great, STILL HATE THE QTEs, but I'm dealing with it. What everybody has said I agree with, but I miss Lara's classic moves. pressing circle makes her crabwalk, which looks like how she used to scale the walls in underworld. I miss being able to swandive. I miss dodging & being able to shoot. There are way too many gunfights. The ”tombs” are a joke! It's literally solve 1 puzzle, open some golden box, she reaches in for 1 trinket lol

but as a prequel, you can say she learned those sometime in her career in the future.....
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#40_Shikoba_Posted 3/6/2013 11:42:24 AM
Picked it up on pc and I'm really enjoying it so far. The game looks and plays great! Was never interested in TR till now and I am not disappointed.
---
NNID: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains