This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do you think microtransactions(prelaunch or otherwise) are killing video games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. do you think microtransactions(prelaunch or otherwise) are killing video games?
3 years ago#1
Or the developers?
For those who don't know.

Ex: A game comes out, say its an action or 3rd person shooter. You see it has Downloadable Content at the main menu. You check it out to see a gun/skin/level/etc that could've/should've been in the game at launch in the first place, but your being charged anywhere from $.99-$9.99+ to... "Unlock" it.

I could see maybe expansion dlc like for single player or multiplayer campaign. I'm talking stuff at launch for no reason. Most recently I saw this in Dead Space 3.
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Tomba for PSASBR 7/30/12
Charizard18 iz fail.
3 years ago#2
Yep. Next thing you know, they'll be charging you to unlock the next level/mission in a game to continue.
3 years ago#3
Games with microtransactions are killing my desire to play them. I don't much care for that feature.
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
3 years ago#4
Alltra posted...
Games with microtransactions are killing my desire to play them. I don't much care for that feature.

Here's a hint. You don't have to buy them. They are just optional extras. I have no problems with micro-transactions. If I think they're interesting I'll buy them.

I also like them for games like CoD when they come out with new maps. Refreshes the game a bit.
3 years ago#5
doodles40 posted...
Alltra posted...

Here's a hint. You don't have to buy them. They are just optional extras. I have no problems with micro-transactions. If I think they're interesting I'll buy them.

I also like them for games like CoD when they come out with new maps. Refreshes the game a bit.

Go figure out what micro-transactions actually are.

They aren't going to be optional when they become standard.
3 years ago#6
I hate micro transactions. And to answer your statement...not all games have them as optional....and i can easily see where all games will make you pay to even hit the next lvl in the future.
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
3 years ago#7
I think stupid consumers and spoiled, whiny gamers are killing video games.
Disgaea 4, Metal Gear Rising, Borderlands 2, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Monster Hunter FU
3 years ago#8
no. if the content didn't exist you would not play the game and go oh this game is missing what ever the content was.
3 years ago#9
DocDelicious posted...
I think stupid consumers and spoiled, whiny publishers are killing video games.

Correct.
3 years ago#10
SigmaHaciel posted...
DocDelicious posted...
I think stupid consumers and spoiled, whiny publishers are killing video games.

Correct.

This
Official Aquaman & Deathstroke of Injustice Gods Among Us
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. do you think microtransactions(prelaunch or otherwise) are killing video games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived