This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do you think microtransactions(prelaunch or otherwise) are killing video games?

#1_krat0s_Posted 3/5/2013 3:58:19 PM
Or the developers?
For those who don't know.

Ex: A game comes out, say its an action or 3rd person shooter. You see it has Downloadable Content at the main menu. You check it out to see a gun/skin/level/etc that could've/should've been in the game at launch in the first place, but your being charged anywhere from $.99-$9.99+ to... "Unlock" it.

I could see maybe expansion dlc like for single player or multiplayer campaign. I'm talking stuff at launch for no reason. Most recently I saw this in Dead Space 3.
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Tomba for PSASBR 7/30/12
Charizard18 iz fail.
#2OnDiscDLCPosted 3/5/2013 4:01:03 PM
Yep. Next thing you know, they'll be charging you to unlock the next level/mission in a game to continue.
#3AlltraPosted 3/5/2013 4:08:32 PM
Games with microtransactions are killing my desire to play them. I don't much care for that feature.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#4doodles40Posted 3/5/2013 4:21:11 PM
Alltra posted...
Games with microtransactions are killing my desire to play them. I don't much care for that feature.

Here's a hint. You don't have to buy them. They are just optional extras. I have no problems with micro-transactions. If I think they're interesting I'll buy them.

I also like them for games like CoD when they come out with new maps. Refreshes the game a bit.
#5SigmaHacielPosted 3/5/2013 4:21:52 PM
doodles40 posted...
Alltra posted...

Here's a hint. You don't have to buy them. They are just optional extras. I have no problems with micro-transactions. If I think they're interesting I'll buy them.

I also like them for games like CoD when they come out with new maps. Refreshes the game a bit.

Go figure out what micro-transactions actually are.

They aren't going to be optional when they become standard.
#6Taran_McDohlPosted 3/5/2013 4:23:37 PM
I hate micro transactions. And to answer your statement...not all games have them as optional....and i can easily see where all games will make you pay to even hit the next lvl in the future.
---
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#7DocDeliciousPosted 3/5/2013 4:25:52 PM
I think stupid consumers and spoiled, whiny gamers are killing video games.
---
Disgaea 4, Metal Gear Rising, Borderlands 2, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, Need For Speed: MW 2012, Monster Hunter FU
#8omescythePosted 3/5/2013 4:26:23 PM
no. if the content didn't exist you would not play the game and go oh this game is missing what ever the content was.
#9SigmaHacielPosted 3/5/2013 4:26:35 PM
DocDelicious posted...
I think stupid consumers and spoiled, whiny publishers are killing video games.

Correct.
#10zerooo0Posted 3/5/2013 4:27:58 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
DocDelicious posted...
I think stupid consumers and spoiled, whiny publishers are killing video games.

Correct.

This
---
Official Aquaman & Deathstroke of Injustice Gods Among Us