This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do you think microtransactions(prelaunch or otherwise) are killing video games?

#41riddlebox89Posted 3/5/2013 8:27:45 PM
boredofyou posted...
Just stop. You are making yourself look even more foolish.

More foolish than you already made yourself look for talking about microtransactions without actually knowing something about them? I highly doubt that.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#42boredofyouPosted 3/5/2013 8:46:52 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
boredofyou posted...
Just stop. You are making yourself look even more foolish.

More foolish than you already made yourself look for talking about microtransactions without actually knowing something about them? I highly doubt that.

You just talked, at length, about statements that you attributed to me..
Statements that I didn't ever make!

You've been using the make believe statements (you made them up!) to say I know nothing about micro transactions and you still don't realize that I never said any of those things about EA, ME or DS.

Can you see outside your troll bubble yet!?
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#43_krat0s_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:07:54 PM
Ok I got a feel for what people think about it. And riddle box, bro seriously name calling is pointless. And uncalled for. U can converse about it in other manners. Just saying.

Now....... What about on disc dlc? *dun dun duuuunnnnnn*
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Tomba for PSASBR 7/30/12
Charizard18 iz fail.
#44riddlebox89Posted 3/5/2013 9:08:27 PM
boredofyou posted...

You've been using the make believe statements (you made them up!) to say I know nothing about micro transactions and you still don't realize that I never said any of those things about EA, ME or DS.

Lets take a look at your original post then.

boredofyou posted...
Nope. People are paying for it..
I don't agree with the practice of selling an unlock update for content contained on the disc you bought already but as long as companies find willing masses to pay, the practice will continue.

Will it have an adverse effect later on? Yes.
Eventually, folks will wake up to the rather dirty business tactic and stop buying the content or the games altogether. Then companies will either change or get gobbled up by those that do.

Now try saying you know how microtransactions work when you claim people are paying for it when there's in game credits you can use to purchase them instead of using real money, as well as them being a "dirty business tactic" when they're 100% optional.

Face it kid, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to microtransactions. You know as much about microtransactions as I do about the female menstrual system.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#45boredofyouPosted 3/5/2013 10:12:59 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
boredofyou posted...

Lets take a look at your original post then.

boredofyou posted...
Nope. People are paying for it..
I don't agree with the practice of selling an unlock update for content contained on the disc you bought already but as long as companies find willing masses to pay, the practice will continue.

Will it have an adverse effect later on? Yes.
Eventually, folks will wake up to the rather dirty business tactic and stop buying the content or the games altogether. Then companies will either change or get gobbled up by those that do.

Now try saying you know how microtransactions work when you claim people are paying for it when there's in game credits you can use to purchase them instead of using real money, as well as them being a "dirty business tactic" when they're 100% optional.

Face it kid, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to microtransactions. You know as much about microtransactions as I do about the female menstrual system.

You are almost there.. To comprehension, I mean.

In answer to the topic title question, I said "Nope."
Then, I went on to talk about my personal feelings with regard to "...the practice of selling an unlock update for content contained on the disc you bought.."
Do you see how this is a different topic altogether??
Clearly, I was not talking about micro transactions or I would have said "micro transactions" as its way easier to write! Obviously, I'm making a distinction! Not only that but I already tackled the question of the topic, are you following now?

Then you started talking out of your rear end about how I said a bunch of stuff I did not say. EA, ME, DS blah blah blah.

You never understood my first post, which is why I kept telling you to look at it!

Feel free to claim all the knowledge in the universe with regard to micro transactions! I wasn't talking about them beyond the first sentence of my post!

In fact, you had to lie about what I said in order to have anything to really justify your petulant attitude and rude behavior.
Essentially, you've been arguing with your own imagination this whole time as you made up my end of the argument!!

Yet still.. You have the nerve to call me "kid"..

So I'll ask again.
If you proceed with attitude from here, after I've painstakingly restated my post, then I'll just go on and ignore you because at this point, I'm simply not interested in explaining any more. You seem intelligent enough to be able to catch on.. I hope.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.