This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So today I learned what "Season Pass" is in gaming terms and saw people excited

#11Stanger5150Posted 3/5/2013 4:35:04 PM
Season passes require a commitment to all future DLC, no matter how good or stupid it may be.

I've never bothered with it. I just buy DLC that interests me one item at a time.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES
#12cycledancePosted 3/5/2013 5:53:21 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
cycledance posted...
doesn't sound like you know what a season pass is or what ea said about customers being happy about micro transactions. try again.

so you are saying 3 dlcs released over a few months is macro transactioning?

again you are mixing things up.
#13flame030191Posted 3/5/2013 5:59:39 PM
I usually get them if theres a good deal going on for it (such as GoW: Ascension's being included in the CE) and if i enjoy the game.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#14_tanjil_Posted 3/5/2013 6:05:53 PM
season passes are just preorders where the preoder incentive is you get one item for free. That's their main function.

Of course then when all of them are out it becomes one of those buy 3 get one free type deal
#15guineathewopPosted 3/5/2013 6:12:10 PM
Only a moron pays for something before he has any idea what it is. You could pay 50 bucks for a season pass and the DLC could be 3 different color uniforms for a random secondary character. You can't complain, you paid for "the first 3 pieces of DLC" and they really have no obligation to make something worthwhile.

Thankfully no one has tried to do that yet but there was a season pass for Forza Horizon and all it's has gotten anybody is a really weakass rally add-on and some cars they brought over from Forza 4.