This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never understood why people enjoy racing games.

#1Lion_of_GeminiPosted 3/5/2013 8:57:51 PM
It's the same thing, on the same courses...over...and over...and over.

Why is that fun?
---
Not Changing this sig until the world has no more wars, until no person must go to bed hungry, until every women is liberated and empowered, and society is Just
#2BurgerTime79Posted 3/5/2013 8:58:49 PM
You just described most games at a very basic form. Sorry if you can't understand people's enjoyment, but we don't need to explain it to you.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#3Merc009Posted 3/5/2013 9:01:23 PM
I never understood shooters

you just shoot people over and over
#4digitalwill2000Posted 3/5/2013 9:02:40 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
You just described most games at a very basic form. Sorry if you can't understand people's enjoyment, but we don't need to explain it to you.

Hello everyone. My name is BurgerTime79. For a lack of any argument, I use a baseless copy paste argument. Aren't I clever?
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#5KCJ5062Posted 3/5/2013 9:04:13 PM
I never understood fighting games.

You just fight people over and over again.
#6ReDDevil2112Posted 3/5/2013 9:06:50 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...

Hello everyone. My name is BurgerTime79. For a lack of any argument, I use a baseless copy paste argument. Aren't I clever?

What did he copy and paste? The other posters came kind of close to copy/pasting the original post with minor changes... But they're exactly right. What the TC is saying about racing games can be said about pretty much any other game.
---
They're a herd of people eating monsters! We can't let them have their way!!
#7Brocken_JrPosted 3/5/2013 9:08:05 PM
play f-zero gx
---
DmC's story mode in 8 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH8MZo-4jw
#8NewbiusPosted 3/5/2013 9:08:18 PM
Play Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed then come back to me.
#9MudbuttSanchezPosted 3/5/2013 9:08:36 PM
Racing sims are boring but Arcade style racing games are fun.
#10AcquirePosted 3/5/2013 9:09:42 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...

WTF is wrong with you? Everything he said was true. All video games by design in their basic form are sequences of repetitive tasks. What makes good games enjoyable is the dynamics that are built around those repetitive tasks and the way in which the design of the game world allows you to complete said tasks. At it's core though, a large part of enjoyment will be determined by whether you like the base subject matter of the video game. For people that don't like cars or auto racing in general, then it's understandable that they may not like most racing games.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.