This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never understood why people enjoy racing games.

#41MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/6/2013 5:08:17 AM(edited)
Sophistication posted...
Nothing more exciting than left turns and bumper car psychics. Racing games and PAAGG's can go to hell to rot... fighters, too.

With the obvious exception of MOST RACING GAMES which do not have bumper car physics, and also include a wide variety of different turns.

And what the hell is a PAAGG?
#42MlREFOXPosted 3/6/2013 6:46:07 AM
1. Skill-based competition. Racing takes more skill than most console genres outside of fighters.

2. Speed fuels adrenaline.

3. It takes something that most people can relate to - driving - to a level most cannot go to in real life.

4. Racing games let you get behind the wheel of cars that cost more than your house.
#43tiornysPosted 3/6/2013 6:57:12 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
And what the hell is a PAAGG?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/62801014/701552610
#44Thermador446Posted 3/6/2013 1:47:24 PM
MudbuttSanchez posted...
Racing sims are boring but Arcade style racing games are fun.

Yeah.
But arcade racing games died with last gen anyway.

RIP: NFS
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#45MantisoPosted 3/6/2013 3:14:19 PM
Racing sims are boring but Arcade style racing games are fun.

I'm the opposite. The older I get the more I get from racing sims because there's a wider range of skill and you can race the same track over and over in a single car, shaving milliseconds off your time. Arcade racers are good for a quick blast, but there's little skill beyond turn left or right. They don't feeling like racing to me. They feel like games in which you have to use short cuts, power ups or dirty methods to win.
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
PSN ID: SolidKev
#46WarhawkPosted 3/6/2013 3:24:06 PM(edited)
Racing games have helped me out a little bit with my real driving. Mostly with games like NASCAR, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed (a little with this series), GRID, etc.

Mantiso posted...
I'm the opposite. The older I get the more I get from racing sims because there's a wider range of skill and you can race the same track over and over in a single car, shaving milliseconds off your time. Arcade racers are good for a quick blast, but there's little skill beyond turn left or right. They don't feeling like racing to me. They feel like games in which you have to use short cuts, power ups or dirty methods to win.

That depends on the Arcade style racing game. While sure that some to most do offer shortcuts to shave time off overall but not meant to be totally realistic. As for racing games involving real cars with power ups there aren't many like that, and last one I know where it was like that was Blur (that I know of). Dirty tactics, though you would mean like takedowns like from Burnout 3 and onward, and putting it in NFS games done by Criterion (which I don't get why takedowns need to be in NFS anyways cause it should be a Burnout trademark to be honest). Split/Second on the other hand uses Powerplays which was quite incentive honestly, never seen in a racing game before at least to me.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#47wstfldPosted 3/6/2013 3:24:48 PM
Been playing Wipeout 2048. It's awesome. Go play it.
---
Last Played: Star Craft 2 (9.5/10)
Now Playing: Super Stardust Delta, COD BO Declassified, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2