This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand the love for JRPGs

#41oxnerdPosted 3/6/2013 2:22:55 AM
Its not all JRPGs, JRPG lovers know a good game when they see it
#42doraemonllh1989Posted 3/6/2013 2:31:28 AM
I love jrpg

i love the grinding

i love the secret location to obtain epic items or even epic weapons

i love being powerful

i love explore

thats jrpg for u,its just different from wrpg

the best example is dragon quest 8

what a great experience,when im playing this game,i always thinking

"wow,what is that cave?is there anything that i can obtain inside that cave?"

"why does this particular area looks weird,looks like there will be puzzles for it"
---
PC GAMERS HAD TO BE THE MOST INSECURE GROUP OF GAMERS
#43V_for_VienettaPosted 3/6/2013 3:15:13 AM
I like JRPG's.

But I think that Xenoblade Chronicles is overly overrated, I own it and have played through it and it is the biggest grind ever. Plus it looks like crap.
---
I'm trying the best I can
But there's a white flag burning in the middle of my hand
#44Evil_GogetaPosted 3/6/2013 3:16:31 AM
I like a lot of JRPG`s but recently not so many.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (WiiU) MH3GHD and Dragon Quest X Beta (Vita) Soul Sacrifice and PSO2.
#45ValorZraykPosted 3/6/2013 3:29:54 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Another thing that really hurt JRPGs is their extremely long delay between main entries of the same series.
I waited for my KH3 for over 10 years; I don't care about spin-offs on handleds. Now I don't care about the entire series anymore. Good job Nomura.

They're not spin-offs, and BbS was a main entry in the series, so it's been three years since the last main entry in the series. That's not too long.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#46BIGFELLAH26Posted 3/6/2013 3:43:03 AM
Battleship_Gray posted...
656stooge posted...
Kingmichael1337 posted...
lol @ the notion that the average jrpg has any more depth than call of duty

you aren't sophisticated just because nobody who isn't a weeaboo knows how to pronounce the name of your favorite game

You can't pronounce 'Final Fantasy'? Who's typing these messages for you then?

A drunken monkey. You can't tell?

Lol, so funny and so true.
656stooge don't worry about kingmichael, he's a degenerate.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#47FishyGoodness12Posted 3/6/2013 3:43:11 AM
kupo1705 posted...
McSnarled posted...
It Is simple... JRPG's were never titled that In the late 80's to late 90's. Well lets Just say a game Is a RPG Or not. Where you play a "role" In a "story" and make "decisions" Alot of games can make that case however back when this was a 8-bit concept and at the time we got to pretend to be a midevil warrior or magician and fight funny looking monsters for exp and story progression. Dragon Quest/Warrior Is the series that hooked me from start to finish. So... while I would not classify anything was Jap, Western, or Srat, To me a good RPG Is just that. Calling a game like fallout and even skyrim a RPG is dumb. They are more action Adventure games. Even Dark Souls a game I loved Is not a RPG to me. So I like forget the the stupid labels we now have on these games and I can say this. Rpgs were once exploring, fun, character classes, hidden bosses and turn based battle systems.

While I hate to promote this guy... he created the best example of a Good RPG or JRPG. For PC and RPGmaker I think It was 2003??. Anyways... Kentona's Hero's Realm. Check that game out to see what a good and fun RPG should always include. Closet thing thing on PSN is Rainbow Moon and NNK. Disgaea Is In Its own league and worth checking out for something different.. So we love discovering something new In a fantasy setting. Exploring worlds drempt up by others. Its fun getting EXP and grinding. finding secrets and hidden Characters. And being the best you can be!

Calling DQ an RPG but not Fallout, I have no reaction to how stupid this is.

Fallout is not a JRPG, this is a thread for JRPGs.
Stop kupo, just, stop.
---
Not changing this sig until Tohru Adachi is added in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
#48kupo1705Posted 3/6/2013 3:46:50 AM(edited)
FishyGoodness12 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
McSnarled posted...
It Is simple... JRPG's were never titled that In the late 80's to late 90's. Well lets Just say a game Is a RPG Or not. Where you play a "role" In a "story" and make "decisions" Alot of games can make that case however back when this was a 8-bit concept and at the time we got to pretend to be a midevil warrior or magician and fight funny looking monsters for exp and story progression. Dragon Quest/Warrior Is the series that hooked me from start to finish. So... while I would not classify anything was Jap, Western, or Srat, To me a good RPG Is just that. Calling a game like fallout and even skyrim a RPG is dumb. They are more action Adventure games. Even Dark Souls a game I loved Is not a RPG to me. So I like forget the the stupid labels we now have on these games and I can say this. Rpgs were once exploring, fun, character classes, hidden bosses and turn based battle systems.

While I hate to promote this guy... he created the best example of a Good RPG or JRPG. For PC and RPGmaker I think It was 2003??. Anyways... Kentona's Hero's Realm. Check that game out to see what a good and fun RPG should always include. Closet thing thing on PSN is Rainbow Moon and NNK. Disgaea Is In Its own league and worth checking out for something different.. So we love discovering something new In a fantasy setting. Exploring worlds drempt up by others. Its fun getting EXP and grinding. finding secrets and hidden Characters. And being the best you can be!

Calling DQ an RPG but not Fallout, I have no reaction to how stupid this is.

Fallout is not a JRPG, this is a thread for JRPGs.
Stop kupo, just, stop.

McSnarled posted...
Calling a game like fallout and even skyrim a RPG is dumb.
#49SSj7CloudSPosted 3/6/2013 3:57:24 AM
Radiantist027 posted...
It's not something you understand, it's something you feel and experience.

/thread
---
Playing: Grandia II, Shining Force EXA, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#50liamx2000Posted 3/6/2013 4:01:15 AM
SolidKnight posted...
Gameplay is dated and often lacks engagement. Stories use serious subject matter but with shallow execution. Melodrama seems disjointed at times.

to "you" , ME on the other hand , I love Japaneses rpg games , you do understand that people have different tastes don't you ?