This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about the new 'Tomb Raider', and 'Tomb Raider: Underground'....

#1MACH0Posted 3/5/2013 9:29:07 PM
Are either or both free roam?

Thanks.
#2Banjo2553Posted 3/5/2013 9:47:42 PM
AFAIK, the new Tomb Raider is a more linear experience similar to Uncharted, but with a bit more emphasis on exploration to get dem treasures.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#3NeoGeoXSegaPosted 3/5/2013 10:33:15 PM
The new Tomb Raider is more free roam.

Underground is much more linear.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#4GradyHooverPosted 3/6/2013 7:02:26 AM
MACH0 posted...
Are either or both free roam?

Thanks.

Most Tomb Raider games are entirely linear, but the new reboot has optional side areas and the ability to return to old areas for further exploration, so I guess that makes it closer to free-roam.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#5You_Need_A_LifePosted 3/6/2013 7:50:58 AM
On the "Tomb Raider was always linear" comment, while true, it also had big elaborate puzzles to solve before you could progress, and there were always areas to explore in order to solve these puzzles.

In that regard, how does new Tomb Raider stack up? Is it loaded with puzzles and stuff too Or is it just like Uncharted, where the only real obstacles barring your path are enemies to kill, and maybe two or three puzzles throughout the entire game max?