This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

omg sony is so evil

#21killakPosted 3/6/2013 10:33:35 AM
I really can't believe that microtransactions (which aren't a new thing), are the new button around here.

People mish mashing DLC and microtransactions as though they're one and the same, so their ire remains.

They're simply there for those that would rather pay than trudge their way to the goal, yet it seems to fall on incredibly ignorant ears.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#22true_gamer80(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:43:03 AM
I simply cant belive the picking and choosing of what to hate and rip aprt around here....it really is mind blowing. I can sit here for days applying the same hateful nonsense to so so so many preaised games and devs around here.....but hey its GF how dare EA offer optional things.

You actually hear ppl ripping apart EA iand then turn around and praise a game to no end that does the exact same thing EA is doing...its mind blowing lol....

If it wouldnt be so annoying I would continue naming game aftr game dev after dev thats praised to no end around here that offers or does the EXACT same things.....

Its fun to follow the croud and cool to hate on certain devs around here.

Its either pure ignorance or mass contradictions, either way its rather sad imo
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#23killakPosted 3/6/2013 10:46:57 AM
I'm comfortable with labelling it as pure ignorance.

There's an amazing sense of conformity, present in the mind of the majority of posters on here, and when something isn't falling in line, it's attacked.

People don't hate on things that are generally worth the hate they get. They simply doing it because it's willing to do it's own thing, and it confuses and irritates them.

You ever play a MP match, and there's always a particular guy that gets angry when he gets killed, or doesn't win a match? That's how I see the guys on here. They expect, and think that that is how it should always be, and when it isn't......they complain.

Referring to Dead Space 3 and the microtransactions, again, they affect absolutely nobody in a negative way...yet they're being hated on. That's a story in itself.
---
Caller: Do you have this game, "i wanna f*** your mother?"
Me (At EB Games): No, but we do have 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader' *click*
#24jrr18Posted 3/6/2013 10:50:55 AM
killak posted...
I'm comfortable with labelling it as pure ignorance.

There's an amazing sense of conformity, present in the mind of the majority of posters on here, and when something isn't falling in line, it's attacked.

People don't hate on things that are generally worth the hate they get. They simply doing it because it's willing to do it's own thing, and it confuses and irritates them.

You ever play a MP match, and there's always a particular guy that gets angry when he gets killed, or doesn't win a match? That's how I see the guys on here. They expect, and think that that is how it should always be, and when it isn't......they complain.

Referring to Dead Space 3 and the microtransactions, again, they affect absolutely nobody in a negative way...yet they're being hated on. That's a story in itself.

well dead space 3 wasn't the only game that EA ruined with microtransactions look at mass effect 3's mutiplayer. How dare they make me play the game to unlock weapons and class's or pay to do it! (this is sarcastic by the way)
---
Victory over the zombie ghost ninja through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#25killakPosted 3/6/2013 10:55:39 AM
well dead space 3 wasn't the only game that EA ruined with microtransactions look at mass effect 3's mutiplayer. How dare they make me play the game to unlock weapons and class's or pay to do it! (this is sarcastic by the way)

lol, they're nuts.

But seriously, these guys need to play some mobile games. the ones that are completely free yet are rated 2 or less out of 5, all because progression without spending is next to impossible.

But EA offering a shortcut to those who want it........those horrible people. Probably the same types that get infuriated at the idea of a Souls game having an easier mode for those that want it, or the Hitman Absolution haters that complained of all the onscreen info, when you don't have to have it.

Basically, "my way, or the highway" types.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/b6k98sp
#26true_gamer80(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:58:42 AM

see this is what Im baffled over. Using your dead space 3 example, you would think ppl would be praising this form of microtransaction, its optional, not needed but if you want it your not forced to buy it, you can simply earn it in game aswell by simply playing the game...how is this so bad, they are giving you the option of getting whatever for FREE yet ppl go ape ****....huh lol? Why is this so bad, I mean if you were forced to buy it by all means go nuts but your not.

Its like what happened with a previous TW game, every course they offered as dlc was free if you just invested time into playing the game or you had the option to use money and get them that way....ppl freaked right the hell out....why they freak out...if you play the game you dont even have to use money, how is EA being worse when they are one of the only devs offering alot of dlc for free if you simply just play the game...barely any other devs do this, its you buy it or nothing yet EA is the one getting ripped apart.....its mind blowing lol
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#27thesnoopmeisterPosted 3/6/2013 11:21:09 AM
Cannot wait for the DLC. Need more Dead Space.
#28Mutant1988Posted 3/6/2013 11:28:13 AM
Mutant1988 posted...
Also buying your way past gameplay intentionally designed to be time consuming and tedious is not optional. It's manipulative design.

Pay more or we will waste your time.

Besides, we used to have cheat codes for when we were too lazy to "earn" things in games. Then why should we suddenly be expected to pay a premium to access content on disc?

Besides, it's digital content, I don't actually own it no matter how much I pay. Verification servers go down? Well, I guess I'm not using that content again.

Screw micro transactions. Especially the early unlock variation.

I feel the need to repeat this as you obviously weren't paying attention.

Why is the game designed in such a way as to not make you want to play it? And why should you pay more to skip content?

Because surely, all that playing to unlock those things will be fun and worth your time, right? It's not? Then why the hell is it there to begin with?

It's greed, plain and simple. They design a game and then hold the most attractive content ransom behind a gate of tedium. Or you could just pay money and get things right away.

Hey! What happened to cheat codes? Oh, they found a new venue to exploit for profit? I guess that answers that then.

Also, I don't buy/play EA games. I don't like the way they force me to use their servers for online play, offering no way to play their games locally, like LAN. Which means I lose a huge portion of the game when they shut down their servers. So this isn't a jab at Dead Space 3 specifically.

But I do believe this (Microtransactions in games, what previously were cheats and unlocks now becoming DLC) is a trend that will continue and will get "worse" (However you define it - Lack of ownership and content separated to be sold at a premium is my answer).

I vote with my wallet. I don't like it, I don't buy it. But I will still criticize it whenever the topic is brought up and there's not a single thing you can do about it. Why? Because the ill informed support of practises like this by others may lead to it becoming a standard practise and deny me my choice.

It's OPTIONAL. And then it stops being. Call me a cynic.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#29dj___rollPosted 3/6/2013 12:10:30 PM
Quote:Mutant1988 posted...
Also buying your way past gameplay intentionally designed to be time consuming and tedious is not optional. It's manipulative design.

Pay more or we will waste your time.

Besides, we used to have cheat codes for when we were too lazy to "earn" things in games. Then why should we suddenly be expected to pay a premium to access content on disc?

Besides, it's digital content, I don't actually own it no matter how much I pay. Verification servers go down? Well, I guess I'm not using that content again.

Screw micro transactions. Especially the early unlock variation.

I feel the need to repeat this as you obviously weren't paying attention.

Why is the game designed in such a way as to not make you want to play it? And why should you pay more to skip content?

Because surely, all that playing to unlock those things will be fun and worth your time, right? It's not? Then why the hell is it there to begin with?

It's greed, plain and simple. They design a game and then hold the most attractive content ransom behind a gate of tedium. Or you could just pay money and get things right away.

Hey! What happened to cheat codes? Oh, they found a new venue to exploit for profit? I guess that answers that then.

Also, I don't buy/play EA games. I don't like the way they force me to use their servers for online play, offering no way to play their games locally, like LAN. Which means I lose a huge portion of the game when they shut down their servers. So this isn't a jab at Dead Space 3 specifically.

But I do believe this (Microtransactions in games, what previously were cheats and unlocks now becoming DLC) is a trend that will continue and will get "worse" (However you define it - Lack of ownership and content separated to be sold at a premium is my answer).

I vote with my wallet. I don't like it, I don't buy it. But I will still criticize it whenever the topic is brought up and there's not a single thing you can do about it. Why? Because the ill informed support of practises like this by others may lead to it becoming a standard practise and deny me my choice.

It's OPTIONAL. And then it stops being. Call me a cynic.

@Mutant1988

Except that none of these games have artificially elongated the time to achieve specific things. Games like The Show and Dead Space still have the same pacing they did before micro transactions. You're creating a false argument. Pretty simple.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#30ZiggletoothPosted 3/6/2013 12:26:01 PM
Sony is a corperation and not a sentient being, Sony exists only in paperwork and therefore it is impossible for Sony to be 'evil'. Sony it indifferent to ethical evalation.
---
He feared that his home should appear to Gods and men.
Dreadful, dank and hated even by the Gods. Hades -Iliad 20.64-65