This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

omg sony is so evil

#41Mutant1988Posted 3/6/2013 1:43:40 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
what lol...bad design....nothing has changed with what we are talking about other then having more options

The option to pay, rather than play.

And I'm just going to assume you weren't alive back in the days when cheat codes existed.

We had the option in the past you know. But we didn't have to pay for it. Why should we when we already paid for the game? This isn't complementary content, you know, it's on the disc you legally own. But a legal ownership loophole (It's a license, not a product - Except it's not, except when it is - Like when you lock content and then require a kilobyte sized download to unlock it) allows them to get away with charging you money, but that's all right, because OPTIONAL!

Maybe if I repeat that word enough it becomes a good design and business practise.

....actually in fact in most games they are better then ever more so the sport genre, everything has moved forward and improves, what you r whining about changes nothing other thn having more options available to you...

You mean the new roster of players each year, the fancy graphics and the barely noticeable gameplay alterations?

you sure are a drama queen lol

Not any more than you, Mr "I have no arguments beyond repeating the word OPTIONAL".

You created the topic to spout your opinion. Tough break, it's also possible for me to spout mine.

also eeveery game has bad design now, considering the same whining nonsense can be applied to the biggest most popular games, I never heard anyone asaying all these games that are extremely succesful or popular or rated great had such bad design lol

And everyone being wrong makes everyone right.

Or is that not how it works?

Filling a game with tedious and repetitive gameplay is called padding. And a lot of unlockables rely on padding. Why? To extend the gameplay time.

This was bad before the digital era of games too yes, but nothing is done to address it. Rather, it's allowed to persist, but if you want to you can skip it in certain games, by paying more. How is that an improvement?

Padding is bad. And bypassing padding by paying is also bad. Because you, as a player, is either bored or nickel and dimed. Why not eliminate the tedious gameplay entirely or if you absolutely need to have it, why not include an option to bypass. Making us pay for said option is effectively making the game worse, unless you pay the premium.

And seriously, why should I pay to not have to deal with a game's boring, tedious and time wasting design?
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#42thesnoopmeisterPosted 3/6/2013 1:55:10 PM
Barely noticeable gameplay alterations?

First time I got a penalty, you bet I noticed that advanced AI.
#43IChangedMyNamePosted 3/6/2013 2:03:49 PM(edited)
I'm very amused by true_gamer80, I bumped heads with him a while back an since that one instance all I've seen from him is his explanation of why he does this and while he's justified in his effort, it has become very annoying to see even a positive topic attacked by him.

He's become like the PETA member of this board pretty much where he will vent his message under any circumstances as long as someone sees it, he feels accomplished his work has been done.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#44Mutant1988Posted 3/6/2013 2:03:50 PM
thesnoopmeister posted...
Barely noticeable gameplay alterations?

First time I got a penalty, you bet I noticed that advanced AI.

I don't play sports games, so pardon my ignorance. ;P
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#45ZiggletoothPosted 3/6/2013 2:14:05 PM
Ziggy you got the wrong end of the stick.

argumentum ad fidentia

why is it unethical for employees of a company to make decisions to sell products in the interests of their shareholders? What do you think these people owe you and why are they evil?
---
He feared that his home should appear to Gods and men.
Dreadful, dank and hated even by the Gods. Hades -Iliad 20.64-65
#46thesnoopmeisterPosted 3/6/2013 2:42:45 PM(edited)
Ziggletooth posted...
Ziggy you got the wrong end of the stick.

argumentum ad fidentia

why is it unethical for employees of a company to make decisions to sell products in the interests of their shareholders? What do you think these people owe you and why are they evil?

all the latin in the world, you still got wrong idea.

Basically many here would call me a corporate apologist. My opinion on what you say is evil has no bearing in what I think of Sony, I generally dont have much of an opinion on them other than they are often quite dumb.