This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Publisher with the worst business practices?

#1DoramiPosted 3/5/2013 10:12:24 PM
Which publisher has the most consumer unfriendly business model? - Results (306 votes)
Activision-Blizzard
6.21% (19 votes)
Aeria Games
0.33% (1 votes)
Capcom
22.88% (70 votes)
Electronic Arts
54.25% (166 votes)
Square-Enix
5.23% (16 votes)
Tecmo Koei
1.63% (5 votes)
Tencents
0.33% (1 votes)
Ubisoft
0.65% (2 votes)
Zynga
5.88% (18 votes)
Other (please specify)
2.61% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Notes:
1. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony were excluded on purpose because this poll is about game publishing/distribution. Their business practices with regard to platforms gets in the way of identifying publisher practices.

2. This is about their business model with respect to games. The quality of games is not necessarily a problem, unless you think their business model involves purposely releasing shovelware. For example, even though a lot of people believe Ninja Theory never released a good game, they would not count (even if they were a publisher), because it seems they are just bad at making games.
---
"Just for reference, a Radeon 7950 with "only" 3GB of GDDR5 memory retails for about $300 USD. That's about $100 per gig." - Alaster111
#2digitalwill2000Posted 3/5/2013 10:18:37 PM
Electronic Arts of course. i mean serious, google their banning methods now, do it now,there is someone who got banned from all EA games and lost everything because, and I kid you not: SOMEONE else, on the ea forums, posted a swear word and that dudes username next to it. So the autoban system banned that guy, and EA have done nothing to help this guy!and this is aside from the day one dlc practices. Theres a reaon EA won 2011 most hated business in north america.

Square Enix is starting to become like EA too now, but atleast a lot of their DLC is missable.

Capcom and Namco? Sheesh louise, dont get me started on them! They have, hands down, the WORST translation teams in existence! They never translate the games people actually want, when they do translate it takes them forever and its always of games nobody here even wants! Whats worse is that the games are then heavily censored and cringe-inducingly localised for western releases >.<
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#3kel25Posted 3/5/2013 10:20:01 PM
Capcom. They've been caught on several occasions for having disc locked content that they charge their fans to unlock. They also cancelled their Mega Man Legends game stating that people weren't interested enough in the beta, which they wanted people to pay for.

These are just a couple of the bad business practices that Capcom has been guilty of this generation.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#4-Damien-Posted 3/5/2013 10:23:24 PM(edited)
This is a race between EA and Capcom

Microsoft should've been up there too
#5Kid KashPosted 3/5/2013 10:50:37 PM
Well Zynga obviously, since they are so bad with customers it cost them so much money. And they had to cut most of their workforce.
---
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
#6_tanjil_Posted 3/5/2013 10:52:52 PM
I vote EA, but NAMCO should be up there also, do you see the prices for their DLC, they're ridiculous
#7Dorami(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 11:15:02 PM
I didn't, which is why I didn't put them there. Aeria and Tencents were more fillers. Perhaps there would've been another besides Namco that I didn't think of that should've replaced them.
---
"Just for reference, a Radeon 7950 with "only" 3GB of GDDR5 memory retails for about $300 USD. That's about $100 per gig." - Alaster111
#8agrissaPosted 3/5/2013 11:33:51 PM
Crapcom
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~
#9deadmarvPosted 3/6/2013 10:49:14 AM
Other - You forgot bethe$da and how they treat PS3 owners.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#10killakPosted 3/6/2013 10:50:28 AM
i'd respond to your poll, but you're clearly a troll
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots