This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Publisher with the worst business practices?

#41AalviPosted 3/11/2013 12:42:19 AM
Ok I don't particularly like EA but all their multiplayer crap just comes to me for free in ME3, I don't know what I did to get all of it(maybe they stole my money without me realizing :P).
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#42Brocken_JrPosted 3/11/2013 12:43:22 AM
i dont buy ea games, so im not votin for them, cause i dont know how bad they really are.

i vote capcom.

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying street fighter 4! Heres a costume pack that costs a s***load of money! We are also happy to announce SUPER Street fighter 4! Its not dlc! I know, i know! Its even better, its its own disc! Throw that old sf4 out the window! And while your at it, throw ssf4 out the window! Why? because here comes SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ARCADE EDITION!"

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying asuras wrath! We hope you enjoyed unlocking the true ending! But guess what? That wasnt the true ending! DLC will be released so you can enjoy the true ending! Whats that? You like street fighter and cant stop thinking about it? You like seeing the same ryu model in a bunch of games? Well heres ryu and akuma in asuras wrath! you also have to pay to fight them! Whats that? you already have ssf4 and dont want to pay to fight them again? Well, they come with THEIR OWN CUTSCENES! "

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying dragons dogma! We hope you will enjoy dragons dogma dark arisen! its the same s***! its literally the same s***! "Why would i buy it then?" you might ask yourself. well, its on DISC! and it has its own BOXART! you can also get new EQUIPMENT!"

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying street fighter x tekken! We are happy to announce SUPER street fighter x tekken!"
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7l4dTjzR2Q
#43TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/11/2013 12:44:03 AM
Capcom and its love for locking content on the disc, and not just any content, but characters and endings.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#44mjc0961Posted 3/11/2013 12:52:32 AM
EA is #1, followed closely by Capcom.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#45mjc0961Posted 3/11/2013 12:55:59 AM
Brocken_Jr posted...
i dont buy ea games, so im not votin for them, cause i dont know how bad they really are.

i vote capcom.

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying street fighter 4! Heres a costume pack that costs a s***load of money! We are also happy to announce SUPER Street fighter 4! Its not dlc! I know, i know! Its even better, its its own disc! Throw that old sf4 out the window! And while your at it, throw ssf4 out the window! Why? because here comes SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ARCADE EDITION!"

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying asuras wrath! We hope you enjoyed unlocking the true ending! But guess what? That wasnt the true ending! DLC will be released so you can enjoy the true ending! Whats that? You like street fighter and cant stop thinking about it? You like seeing the same ryu model in a bunch of games? Well heres ryu and akuma in asuras wrath! you also have to pay to fight them! Whats that? you already have ssf4 and dont want to pay to fight them again? Well, they come with THEIR OWN CUTSCENES! "

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying dragons dogma! We hope you will enjoy dragons dogma dark arisen! its the same s***! its literally the same s***! "Why would i buy it then?" you might ask yourself. well, its on DISC! and it has its own BOXART! you can also get new EQUIPMENT!"

Capcom:"Thank you all so much for buying street fighter x tekken! We are happy to announce SUPER street fighter x tekken!"

Capcom: "No Ace Attorney for you!"

Capcom: "Now that Keiji Inafune left, we're canceling all Mega Man games! Also, it's totally your fault fans. You didn't use our impossible to navigate dev room website or buy the Prototype version that we never even released in the first place, so it's your fault!"

Capcom: "Here's Dead Rising 2 Off The Record as a brand new disc instead of the cheap DLC for Dead Rising 2 it should be! In fact, Off The Record gets its own DLC! $5 for cheat codes!"
---
sirtonne posted...
#46mjc0961Posted 3/11/2013 12:56:46 AM
Aalvi posted...
Ok I don't particularly like EA but all their multiplayer crap just comes to me for free in ME3, I don't know what I did to get all of it(maybe they stole my money without me realizing :P).

Yeah, how many pointless gun packs did you buy with real money?

Also, ME3 MP sucks, so they definitely stole your time.
---
sirtonne posted...
#47mjc0961Posted 3/11/2013 1:05:46 AM
deathsaber79 posted...
Ubisoft- they are scary to me, because they feel like they are EA in training right now- the endless annual Assassins Creed games, the blantant trolling of Wii U Fans who thought they were getting an exclusive Rayman to have the rug brazenly pulled out from under them 3 weeks prior to launch, and then ignoring the outrage- the shameless pushing of their own budding UPlay "service". I for one won't forget Rayman when I'm asked to buy Assassins Creed again this year.

I also won't forget Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation. Completely broken game full of massive bugs and glitches. And I'm not talking about minor "oh no I got stuck in a rock" glitches, I'm talking about massive "the controls are completely broken" glitches and "Oh s*** it just corrupted my single player save file meaning I have to start the entire miserable game over again" glitches.

Ubisoft is like some sick hybrid of Activision, EA, and Bethesda. From Activision they borrowed yearly releases. From EA they borrowed all kinds of nasty DLC, online pass, and crappy PC client practices. From Bethesda, they borrowed not testing the f***ing games.

And no, Bethesda does not get a free pass because their games are teh bigz. That excuses minor bugs. It does not excuse massive game breaking engine problems like the ones frequently seen on PS3 where if your save file gets too big, the game starts frequently locking up, crashing, and suffering massive framerate drops. And don't even tell me that they couldn't find it during testing, it happened in Fallout 3, then it happened again in New Vegas (game developed by Obsidian, yes, but made on Bethesda's crappy engine which is the source of the problem so they still get blame for it), and then happened again in Skyrim. PS3 being hard to develop for isn't an excuse: either do it right or don't do it at all. Releasing a broken game is disrespectful; releasing 3 broken games... I honestly have no idea why PS3 owners still support that company.
---
sirtonne posted...
#48mjc0961Posted 3/11/2013 1:08:22 AM
secondhand1 posted...
You neither agreeing with nor understanding the reasoning behind a company's choices, doesn't make said choices bad or shady.

Just sayin'.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6814-Companies-Exist-To-Make-Money

Just sayin'.
---
sirtonne posted...
#49AalviPosted 3/11/2013 1:54:23 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Aalvi posted...

Yeah, how many pointless gun packs did you buy with real money?

Also, ME3 MP sucks, so they definitely stole your time.

I didn't, you have the option of playing to get the money to buy packs yourself, no real-life currency needed.

Do people like to use the optional worse-case scenario as evidence even though there are alternatives?
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#50AnthonM2Posted 3/11/2013 4:17:58 AM
Why don't we boycott EA games for a year so the company will learn how to respect it's customers, and that if there's any customers left other than Sports fan who don't have any other choice but to buy from EA.