This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Happy Hyperdimension Neptunia Time

#1TheAbuManPosted 3/6/2013 3:59:28 AM(edited)
I didn't know Hyperdimension Neptunia was some PS3 game, I just saw a tiny bit of information on it.

How good are is that and the sequel? How often does the frame-rate go horrible? Are they both $40 on USA PSN, if they even are on PSN?

Any similar games???

I asked what games I should buy for PS3, because I only like Super fantasy Nintendo-like games, and everyone kept telling me CALL OF DUTY, RESISTANCE, inFAMOUS etc. and never mentioned this game ;-;
---
Hamha!
Nintendo Network ID: Tailsy
#2EurAsianGirlPosted 3/6/2013 4:00:09 AM
TheAbuMan posted...
I didn't know Hyperdimension Neptunia was some PS3 game, I just saw a tiny bit of information on it.

How good are is that and the sequel? How often does the frame-rate go horrible? Are they both $40 on USA PSN, if they even are on PSN?

Don't buy the games, the only thing they have going for them is their tongue-in-cheek parody humor and hard-core gaming references. But that's stuff you can always just watch on youtube. Besides that, they're complete shovelware garbage! And by buying the games you're just telling NISA to keep bringing trash like that out instead of real quality JRPGS like Zero No Kiseki Evolution or Sen no Kiseki

If you're a true JRPG fan and want to see the genre make a comeback, put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting these type of games and maybe companies will start localizing the good games again.

Do it for the JRPG fans man
---
JRPG lover and not ashamed of it
Avid fan of the Grandia and Lunar series.
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 3/6/2013 4:01:42 AM
The games are niche, Meaning it is not meant for many people, I suggest you skip the first, The story and humor there is beter than mk2 but the music and gameplay are bad
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4TheAbuMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:03:13 AM(edited)
still interested cuz I know someone the platinum'd that first game.

I'm obsessed with retro systems, I'm worried the ultra moe-ness will be embarrassing when company are over, but whatever.

if both games are still $40, they'll probably drop price right after I buy them, like every other PSN purchase I've made, o wel
---
Hamha!
#5Aarosmashguy27Posted 3/6/2013 4:05:13 AM
As someone who has beaten the first game I really wouldn't recommend it. I'm probably going to sell it and mk2 (which I barely touched) fairly soon. Maybe if you can find them for $20.
#6DemiFistPosted 3/6/2013 4:08:26 AM
Sounds like you already got your mind made up, but this series is terrible...
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#7TheAbuMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:12:51 AM(edited)
I really want to play the first one for the 'better humor' and inside jokes, but it sounds like it's complicated or something

Gosh, need a price drop here

banana

anyone know good games for PS3 that are like Tales of the Abyss (stopped at like chapter 3 though) or Nintendo fantasy-like games or something? I don't care about random realistic men that look the same

ya im tired
---
Hamha!
#8PHEEliNUXPosted 3/6/2013 4:14:34 AM
The first game isn't on PSN, You can order it for 30$ from NISA store, And 40$ for mk2
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#9TheAbuMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:57:26 AM
dang, I hope there's a price cut soon ;______; like when V comes out
---
Hamha!
#10FinnelforeverPosted 3/6/2013 12:00:15 PM
This is the kind of games that I secretly enjoyed, but I won't recommend it anyone...