This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Happy Hyperdimension Neptunia Time

#11Mega WolfPosted 3/6/2013 1:07:13 PM
Tales of Graces F
Eternal Sonata

two games that are kinda like Abyss...
Hell, Graces is in the same franchise.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#12Bancario51Posted 3/6/2013 1:08:26 PM
you do realize that the release data has been pushed back to the 21st?
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#13superbowl54Posted 3/6/2013 1:27:40 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
TheAbuMan posted...
I didn't know Hyperdimension Neptunia was some PS3 game, I just saw a tiny bit of information on it.

How good are is that and the sequel? How often does the frame-rate go horrible? Are they both $40 on USA PSN, if they even are on PSN?

Don't buy the games, the only thing they have going for them is their tongue-in-cheek parody humor and hard-core gaming references. But that's stuff you can always just watch on youtube. Besides that, they're complete shovelware garbage! And by buying the games you're just telling NISA to keep bringing trash like that out instead of real quality JRPGS like Zero No Kiseki Evolution or Sen no Kiseki

If you're a true JRPG fan and want to see the genre make a comeback, put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting these type of games and maybe companies will start localizing the good games again.

Do it for the JRPG fans man

If this joke is telling you not to buy it, definitely do so and then pm pics of the game to him because it'll be an awesome way to troll a troll.

The first game leaves alot to be desired in terms of everything but story/characters. So I'd say skip that and jump right into Mk2 (it's almost a reboot so you don't have to play the first game to enjoy it).

There's some fanservice and such if you like that, but it's way more about comedy and the games love to break the 4th wall (especially Neptune). These games are a parody of the video game industry featuring anthromorphic girls who each represent a console, developer, or publisher. It's very niche and very Japanese.

Also a positive for me, the entire cast is female, so you don't have the problem that most FF games do with effeminate males like Cloud or Vaan

Go into it the right mindset and you'll have a blast. Don't listen to people like the above joke.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#14runeblademasterPosted 3/6/2013 1:37:26 PM
Think of the "Tales of" games. Then while keeping the comboish battle system imagine them being turn-based with a movement ring and team skills.

That's Neptunia Mk2 or Victory.
#15GunzleaderPosted 3/6/2013 5:02:20 PM
EurAsianGirl posted...
TheAbuMan posted...
I didn't know Hyperdimension Neptunia was some PS3 game, I just saw a tiny bit of information on it.

How good are is that and the sequel? How often does the frame-rate go horrible? Are they both $40 on USA PSN, if they even are on PSN?

Don't buy the games, the only thing they have going for them is their tongue-in-cheek parody humor and hard-core gaming references. But that's stuff you can always just watch on youtube. Besides that, they're complete shovelware garbage! And by buying the games you're just telling NISA to keep bringing trash like that out instead of real quality JRPGS like Zero No Kiseki Evolution or Sen no Kiseki

If you're a true JRPG fan and want to see the genre make a comeback, put your money where your mouth is and stop supporting these type of games and maybe companies will start localizing the good games again.

Do it for the JRPG fans man

speaking of lunar.. they REALLY need to ps1 classic that.. i been waiting forever.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#16AtalalamaPosted 3/6/2013 5:46:11 PM
I enjoyed them quite a bit, actually. They're fun. Odd, but fun.
#17PlaysOnEasyModePosted 3/6/2013 6:00:30 PM
Having played both games, it's nothing amazing but if you start to like some of the characters, then you'll probably like it more. If it wasn't for Neptune and Noire, I'd probably pass up on these games.

The gameplay in the first game though was very broken. Basically, Neptune has an alternate form that you can spam without limit. So unless you wanted to challenge yourself, you could keep using her stronger form and spam her ultimate move. Which by the way, you'll learn that skipping the attack animation was key in order to deal the most damage before the enemy recovers. You'll be mashing the Skip button throughout the battle.
#18TheAbuMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 4:47:22 AM
are these games easy to beat and platinum in 7 days time? maybe I could rent them from gamestop
---
Hamha!
Nintendo Network ID: Tailsy
#19ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/8/2013 5:00:31 AM
The first one is utter garbage from a gameplay standpoint imo (the framerate also NEVER reaches a playable level), the gaming and pop culture related humour is pretty funny though. But Mk 2 is overall a pretty fun RPG with a nice battle system and a lot of stuff to do.
#20superbowl54Posted 3/8/2013 6:51:10 AM
TheAbuMan posted...
are these games easy to beat and platinum in 7 days time? maybe I could rent them from gamestop

they're both easy to platinum, but the first game is a bit tedious since you have to fill up the beastiary for one trophy.

Mk2 has a grinding trophy for having all characters at lvl 99.

It took me 2 weeks to get the Mk2 plat, alot longer for the first game.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC