This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do NOT download PSN Tomb Raider Internet REQUIRED to play

#1JahkeemyorkPosted 3/6/2013 5:26:54 AM
http://www.explosion.com/23540/tomb-raider-psn-version-will-require-an-active-internet-connection/
#2UniversquallPosted 3/6/2013 5:29:12 AM
How clever of them
---
After the Fallout
#3KurizakaPosted 3/6/2013 5:40:24 AM
I didn't plan on it, but good to know.
#4theshovellerPosted 3/6/2013 5:56:40 AM
That is a good thing to know. And it's one reason why I'm still somewhat against DD-only consoles - if the PSN is down for whatever reason, or Eidos decides "Eh, it's a few years old, nobody could possibly play it still - take down the old Verification Server, Frank," you're SOL for scratching your Tomb Raider itch.

About the only workaround would be an official patch from them to remove the DRM check, or doing things that can't be mentioned here and that Sony would frown upon you doing.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#5GetPhiledInPosted 3/6/2013 6:00:49 AM
Who cares honestly? Just play the game and be happy.
---
Super-Writer posted...
No one stays dead in comic books, except Uncle Ben.
#6anonymous46773Posted 3/6/2013 6:12:23 AM
GetPhiledIn posted...

Can't rightly play the game when you don't have internet, can you?
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#7Legendary_MusasPosted 3/6/2013 6:14:27 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
GetPhiledIn posted...

Can't rightly play the game when you don't have internet, can you?

Can't download it if you have no internet...:)

I agree though if you haven't payed your Internet provider and it goes down then you are screwed until you can pay.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#8Wario_manPosted 3/6/2013 6:14:55 AM
You'd obviously have Internet if you downloaded it. I've never had any reason to turn off my Internet and can't think of one right off the top of my head. If you don't have Internet downloading Tomb Raider and then being able to play it is the least of your worries.
Then again I got it on Steam soo..
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#9EoinPosted 3/6/2013 6:16:23 AM
Legendary_Musas posted...
I agree though if you haven't payed your Internet provider and it goes down then you are screwed

Or if your router breaks. Or if your ISP has network issues. Or if there's an infrastructure issue with cabling that's outside your control. Or if your PS3's network card has issues. Or if PSN goes down.

There's a lot more ways to be disconnected from PSN than just "you haven't paid your provider".
#10Undead587Posted 3/6/2013 6:18:15 AM(edited)
I've heard of PC games doing this to prevent piracy, but I cannot fathom why a console game requires you to be online at all times. More than likely, if someone has a pirated copy, they'll have a way around the always-online requirement. It only hurts paying customers.