This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do NOT download PSN Tomb Raider Internet REQUIRED to play

#61TwinmoldPosted 3/6/2013 10:31:31 AM(edited)
ITT: Corporate shills love having their right to play a game anywhere, anytime taken away from them. Good thing PSN has never gone down right? I enjoy playing old N64 games, but there's no reason to play PS3 games after they shut down the servers a few years after the PS4 releases right? Who plays old games!?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#624sakuraHa0Posted 3/6/2013 10:30:18 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
http://www.explosion.com/23540/tomb-raider-psn-version-will-require-an-active-internet-connection/

Good to know.
Don't have a plan but it another solid way to hurt paying customers.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#63LightBladePosted 3/6/2013 10:36:34 AM(edited)
true_gamer80 posted...
its funny seeing ppl freak out with this when to get it you have to be online lol.....

seriously its so funny seeing ppl use the internet every single day but when it comes to having to be online while gaming.....omg omg the horrors....

A few weeks ago, a car accident screwed up the internet connection in my area. Still had power, just no internet. Why should I be screwed out of playing a single player game because of that? What of the occasional loss due to extreme weather?

I've never pirated a game, yet I'll be punished for events out of my control.

*Edit: A group of hacking jerks takes down PSN so I can't play single player games as well as online, and that sounds good to you?

---
Live tag: Phillyhockeyfan
PSN tag: Flyersfan82
#64kingofall214Posted 3/6/2013 10:33:41 AM
Why does Sony keep taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back? You can make back up copies of your vita/psp games. Can't do that with PS3. Now not only can you not make a back up copy of a game you purchased but the game has always on DRM? To make matters worse you need to log into your psn account at least once every 30 days to re verify your purchase of PSmobile games.

I still won't support DD games for ps3 or psmobile until they fix these problems. Now if they ever do I have to worry about Always on DRM? Sony, There is a reason why the vita has the highest rate of purchase for digital games. It's because you don't pull this crap with them.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#65hitechgraphsPosted 3/6/2013 10:34:32 AM
Good to know,thaks for your post.
#66EoinPosted 3/6/2013 10:35:55 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
again the same exact logic was applied...the exact same logic.....

No it wasn't. The (extremely obvious) difference is that, without exception, all of the barriers you listed (in your weird attempt to support an unnecessary restriction that benefits you in no way) are outside of a publisher's control. Square Enix cannot do a single thing about anything you said. They can and should not place further barriers in your way.

It's that simple. This is of zero benefit to you. The only possible outcomes are neutral to you (everything goes fine every time you want to play the game) or negative (it doesn't). This - obviously - concerns some people, and this - again, obviously - will impact some people, yet you're here, trying to pretend that it's all fine and can't be a problem for anyone ever. That's silly, and wrong.
#67Bancario51Posted 3/6/2013 10:39:46 AM
DRM DRM!
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#68RafedxPosted 3/6/2013 10:42:43 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
Eoin posted...
Legendary_Musas posted...
I agree though if you haven't payed your Internet provider and it goes down then you are screwed

Or if your router breaks. Or if your ISP has network issues. Or if there's an infrastructure issue with cabling that's outside your control. Or if your PS3's network card has issues. Or if PSN goes down.

There's a lot more ways to be disconnected from PSN than just "you haven't paid your provider".

oooh I want to play this game aswelll except on the other end concerning just plying your ps3 in general..

1. what happens if your power goes out?
2. what happens if your ps3 breaks down
3. what happens if someone steals your ps3
4. what if there was a house fire
5. what happens if an animal pisses all over your hardware
6. what i your games melt in the sun or from some frorm of heat
7. what happens if you trip and fall and break your ps3
8. what happens if you dont pay your bills and your power goes out

1. You won't be playing anything, cooking, tv, ETC.
2. Then again you wont be playing anything.
3. Same as 2
4. Same as 1
5. Well it might still work, pretty gross though. lol
6. Won't be playing any games you own.
7. Same as 2.
8. Same as 1

If the Internet goes out, I still have a chance my cable will work as I might be with a different provider, I might even still be able to use my home phone and I can play all games I bought that don't run with a DRM.

I see where you are going with this, but DRM and needing a constant internet connection is a big deal and not as simple as listing other things that an cause you to not be able to play video games. (I know you said your examples were silly, but they really don't apply to this situation as its about Inet going down through no fault of your own. If power drops it is reasonable to understand you cannot do anything that requires power.)

Infrastructure upgrades, squirrel chews in the drop, rats nest in the pedestal, nation wide outage, ports becoming faulty, open 1 side in the terminal, etc. I can go on and on about how you can loose internet connection extremely easy. DSL can also be affected by the weather which is another concern.

Personally I don't think its fair to pay full price for a game, only to be locked out of playing it for a few days while you wait for the tech to come and fix your service. If I screwed up something that's different, but in most cases the internet will go down without you doing anything.

I work for a telco and know quite a bit about internet and how flaky it can be, even the fiber network has issues. DSL and VDSL2 network also have issues, now combine that with a faulty copper infrastructure and you are going to have outages from time to time.

If you didn't notice I don't agree with any DRM yet, once every town and city has fiber put in and new cabinets then DRM might make sense, until then you take a risk when it comes to playing a game you bought.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#69SolidLiquid25Posted 3/6/2013 10:43:06 AM
Eoin posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
again the same exact logic was applied...the exact same logic.....

No it wasn't. The (extremely obvious) difference is that, without exception, all of the barriers you listed (in your weird attempt to support an unnecessary restriction that benefits you in no way) are outside of a publisher's control. Square Enix cannot do a single thing about anything you said. They can and should not place further barriers in your way.

It's that simple. This is of zero benefit to you. The only possible outcomes are neutral to you (everything goes fine every time you want to play the game) or negative (it doesn't). This - obviously - concerns some people, and this - again, obviously - will impact some people, yet you're here, trying to pretend that it's all fine and can't be a problem for anyone ever. That's silly, and wrong.

EXACT SAME LOGIC

Wait no it's not that liar!!
---
------------------------------
#70true_gamer80Posted 3/6/2013 10:49:02 AM(edited)
Look Im no fan of drm at all but Im sorry it is the same logic, the exact same, what can happen, the frequency etc is not the same but yes yes it is the same logic.....

what I said may not happen or it can happen the exact same thing can be said with what I quoted....its the same logic with diff circumstances....

the things I quoted dont happen all the time....this is all a "what if" game the exact same thing I did....its the same logic
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA