This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do NOT download PSN Tomb Raider Internet REQUIRED to play

#71xenosaga123Posted 3/6/2013 10:52:44 AM
Crystal Dynamics is stupid.

They've learned nothing from Final Fight Double Impact's big mistake.
#72RayconPosted 3/6/2013 10:58:11 AM
For the multilplayer portion? I can totally understand. You have to be connected for that anyway. But the single player? Do they not remember what happened with Diablo 3?
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#73killakPosted 3/6/2013 10:58:21 AM
Crystal Dynamics is stupid.

They've learned nothing from Final Fight Double Impact's big mistake.

Sony is stupid.

Multiple PS3s allowed to have the same account, are the reason PS3 DD titles are subject to DRM.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#74faris_ruhiPosted 3/6/2013 10:58:40 AM
True_gamer, not the same logic at all actually, and I'll break it down for you since you seem to be having trouble understanding. Let's look at these factors.

So your argument is, that what if something happened to your ps3 itself (or the power went out), then you won't be able to play the games, and hence all these people complaining bout their internet connection being required to be active at all times are being dumb because it is the same exact thing.

So I'll break it down simply:

- Is a person able to play ps3 games (digital of physical) if they don't have a ps3? No.
- Have they ever been able to play ps3 games without a ps3? No.
- Does having a ps3 enhance your ps3 games over having no ps3. Yes, because you can actually play the game (LOL) and there has never been another way to do so.

Is a person able to play ps3 games (digital or physical) if they don't have electricity? No.
Have they ever been able to? No.
Does having electricity to power your ps3 enhance your ps3 games over having no electricity. Yes, because of the same reason as the ps3 question.

Now let's look at always online drm in regards to this game.

Is a person able to play this digital ps3 game if their internet is not working? No.
Have people ever been able to play digital ps3 games if their internet has not been working? Yes.
Does having always-online enhance the game experience over the non-always online? No, it is the same exact content as the version that doesn't require always-online.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog in order of release, Current game: Bioshock (360) Next Game: The Orange Box (360)
#75atopp399Posted 3/6/2013 11:02:29 AM
I would only worry about 10 years down the line. I don't sell my old consoles because the new ones are not BC any more or if they are a lot of times some games don't work. I don't trust Sony for 1 second to keep this games servers available indefinitely. With a physical copy I wouldn't have to worry about it. Plus it won;t cost any more and may in fact be cheaper if you wait a couple weaks to buy the game. Plus if it is a bad game you can then sell it.

Actually I am not sure why anyone would buy it off PSN even if there wasn't an internet connection required.
#76ArthasRebornPosted 3/6/2013 11:03:44 AM
Always-on DRM is a horrible thing and it's often a dealbreaker for me.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#77atopp399Posted 3/6/2013 11:04:57 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Always online DRM is exactly the reason why I didn't buy the new Simcity.
I will never buy a game with always on DRM, no matter how much I want it.

Yep, I passed on it as well. Actually, Origin is 50% of the reason I passed.
#78killakPosted 3/6/2013 11:05:24 AM
Always-on DRM is a horrible thing and it's often a dealbreaker for me.

It won't be always on DRM, it'll be just like Final Fight in that it just has to verify the purchasing account online.
---
When the evil Shredder attacks, These turtle boys don't cut 'em no slack.
#79true_gamer80Posted 3/6/2013 11:08:56 AM(edited)
faris_ruhi posted...
True_gamer, not the same logic at all actually, and I'll break it down for you since you seem to be having trouble understanding. Let's look at these factors.

So your argument is, that what if something happened to your ps3 itself (or the power went out), then you won't be able to play the games, and hence all these people complaining bout their internet connection being required to be active at all times are being dumb because it is the same exact thing.

So I'll break it down simply:

- Is a person able to play ps3 games (digital of physical) if they don't have a ps3? No.
- Have they ever been able to play ps3 games without a ps3? No.
- Does having a ps3 enhance your ps3 games over having no ps3. Yes, because you can actually play the game (LOL) and there has never been another way to do so.

Is a person able to play ps3 games (digital or physical) if they don't have electricity? No.
Have they ever been able to? No.
Does having electricity to power your ps3 enhance your ps3 games over having no electricity. Yes, because of the same reason as the ps3 question.

Now let's look at always online drm in regards to this game.

Is a person able to play this digital ps3 game if their internet is not working? No.
Have people ever been able to play digital ps3 games if their internet has not been working? Yes.
Does having always-online enhance the game experience over the non-always online? No, it is the same exact content as the version that doesn't require always-online.

yet again your playing the what if game concerning internet .....the same thing I am doing but on the hardware side.

Im not saying its the exact same thing but yes its the same "what if" logic....
---
Kool Kieth for president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeknB3ceRNA
#80xenosaga123Posted 3/6/2013 11:27:23 AM
not even 10% of PSN Digital Download games require online play / DRM

Tomb Raider didn't need to take the DRM route.

People can play even Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires offline
without needing to verify account online each time they turn on the system and play it.