This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do NOT download PSN Tomb Raider Internet REQUIRED to play

#91Lord_TenseEyePosted 3/6/2013 12:47:37 PM
anonymous46773 posted...
Wario_man posted...
You'd obviously have Internet if you downloaded it. I've never had any reason to turn off my Internet and can't think of one right off the top of my head. If you don't have Internet downloading Tomb Raider and then being able to play it is the least of your worries.
Then again I got it on Steam soo..

*internet lags out and dies in the middle of the game*

This. What if someone's wireless reception is so bad that it's equivalent to not having wireless internet?

Wired isn't always possible depending on where the router and where the ps3/tv are.
#92hotgamerPosted 3/6/2013 12:51:18 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Always online DRM is exactly the reason why I didn't buy the new Simcity.
I will never buy a game with always on DRM, no matter how much I want it.

Smaller cities, have limited ressources, need to rely on your neightbors. Those are also reasons why the new SimCity just sucks.

I think Simcity 3000 and Simcity 4 are better.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#93Dr_KainPosted 3/6/2013 12:55:33 PM
GetPhiledIn posted...
Who cares honestly? Just play the game and be happy.

So what happens if your internet crashes? What if PSN goes down? What is the PSN is down for maintenance? You can't play your game, can you?
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#94SilbePosted 3/6/2013 12:57:23 PM
seriously its so funny seeing ppl use the internet every single day but when it comes to having to be online while gaming.....omg omg the horrors....

Considering that my PS3 is in the room farthest from my pc and router and thus i can either use a cable running through 4 rooms or use hotspot on a mobilephone i really can't see how anyone could laugh about this. Apart from DD usually being more expensive, especially after a couple of weeks, now you should be always connected to the internet to even play the game? For heavens sake, that's totally sick. A control freaks dream come true. The idea alone is sickening. How anyone could think that's totally okay is beyond me.
---
-------------------
PSN:mezzokakerlake/Esca/Petz/Lv167/Sorceror at the moment
#95Stanger5150Posted 3/6/2013 1:14:03 PM
Well, at least they didn't do this with the physical copy. At least wel still have options.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES
#96DarkMasterShakePosted 3/6/2013 1:14:36 PM
Yea guys turns out it was a typo. There is no DRM on this..
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#97RayconPosted 3/6/2013 1:23:31 PM
DarkMasterShake posted...
Yea guys turns out it was a typo. There is no DRM on this..

Too late. We already started the fire.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#98Devil_wings00Posted 3/6/2013 1:24:52 PM
Silbe posted...
seriously its so funny seeing ppl use the internet every single day but when it comes to having to be online while gaming.....omg omg the horrors....

Considering that my PS3 is in the room farthest from my pc and router and thus i can either use a cable running through 4 rooms or use hotspot on a mobilephone i really can't see how anyone could laugh about this. Apart from DD usually being more expensive, especially after a couple of weeks, now you should be always connected to the internet to even play the game? For heavens sake, that's totally sick. A control freaks dream come true. The idea alone is sickening. How anyone could think that's totally okay is beyond me.

DD is only more expensive on consoles and their really isn't any reason other then wanting you to go buy the physical copies. It's still stupid that this game has always on. I mean I generally PC game but this still makes no sense ;p
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#99TeraPatrick2008Posted 3/6/2013 1:34:07 PM
in general - never download a game that's also out on disc
#100gillz107Posted 3/6/2013 1:39:37 PM
Has anyone considered the possibility that this might be a ploy by SE to show the industry how STUPID this idea is by doing this themselves first, utterly failing, and then later on saying that they knew this was a dumb idea and that they proved it in an experiment.
---
I like 2 teams: The Red Sox, and whoever beats the Yankees.