This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Everyone who thinks that DLC should be free.....

#1mgs4fan540Posted 3/6/2013 9:46:37 AM
you do know that making a DLC character/story takes alot of money and effort right?

they can't just make it and release it for free.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2kupo1705Posted 3/6/2013 9:48:51 AM
Nobody thinks DLC should be free, just that certain kinds of DLC are unacceptable.
#3LeadPipeCinchePosted 3/6/2013 9:49:04 AM
*cough red dead cough*
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#4DantechanPosted 3/6/2013 9:49:39 AM
Tekken Tag Tournament 2's DLC's are all free.

lol
#5KurizakaPosted 3/6/2013 9:49:58 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Nobody thinks DLC should be free, just that certain kinds of DLC are unacceptable.

Exactly.
#6PunikinPosted 3/6/2013 9:50:43 AM
Post release DLC should cost money, but on-disc DLC should be free, or at least give us a way to unlock by playing.
#7Darkwolf BloodsbanePosted 3/6/2013 9:53:54 AM
Punikin posted...
Post release DLC should cost money, but on-disc DLC should be free, or at least give us a way to unlock by playing.

---
Leather doesn't really suit me...unless it's lingerie. - Katythefr3ak
#8toadiemanPosted 3/6/2013 9:56:10 AM
It should've been in the game in the first place or saved and put in the sequel.
---
PSN: toadieman
#9Fear the MONKEYPosted 3/6/2013 10:09:07 AM(edited)
Punikin posted...

the problem with this, is that content that would normally be included on the disc (as part of the normal game) will be left out intentionally, even though fully completed, and then billed as dlc after release.

there is no "solution" to dlc. as long as it remains profitable, devs/pubs will always implement it in some way, shape or form. for every dlc done right (bethesda usually adds a good amount of content in their dlc's), there are maybe 10 times the amount of companies just looking to nickel and dime us (capcom charging a buck or 2 per costume? ea microtransactions in dead space? shame on everyone who supports their "its ok to rip off the consumer" business strategy/mentality)

toadieman posted...
It should've been in the game in the first place or saved and put in the sequel.

agreed. unfortunately, the reality is that this is no longer the case. dlc is just another easy/quick way for companies to make a buck. as long as people continue to buy (i.e. support) poo, there will always be some genius d-bag selling them poo.
---
psn id: FearTheMonkey
#10AlltraPosted 3/6/2013 10:11:46 AM(edited)
I think, that the content they keep making into DLC, is content that I want included with the main game instead of piecemealed out for an additional $70 in $2 increments.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.