This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uncharted >>>>> Tomb Raider. DealWithIt

#21-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:57:32 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
majin nemesis posted...
wasn't Uncharted a Tomb Raider wannabe?

no, it's the other way around. If you've played latest tomb Raider, it's obvious they tried to apply Uncharted formula to it

No, Uncharted copied, the Tomb Raider formula. The new Tomb Raider either improved on their own formula, or more likely copied uncharted.

Uncharted most certainly copied "first".

no

earlier tomb raider games were more platforming games. uncharted games are more action. now tomb raider streamlines the platforming parts and focus more on action
#22majin nemesisPosted 3/6/2013 12:00:14 PM
-Damien- posted...
majin nemesis posted...
wasn't Uncharted a Tomb Raider wannabe?

no, it's the other way around. If you've played latest tomb Raider, it's obvious they tried to apply Uncharted formula to it

then why was uncharted 1 called a tomb raider wannabe
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#23NicoGrimmPosted 3/6/2013 12:01:08 PM(edited)
Because that's logical progression?
People no longer want to see lara jump around on rocks. They want her to kill things.
Yes, there are still some of us who'd be satisfied with yet another platformer, but the majority of gamers nowadays are not. THAT's who they have to worry about.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#24killakPosted 3/6/2013 12:02:16 PM
If they made a regular old Lara Croft Tomb Raider game, it would bomb. Some of the hardcores would praise it's connection to the it's roots, and the rest would just get bored and frustrated, and move on.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#25NicoGrimmPosted 3/6/2013 12:05:49 PM(edited)
Exactly. Which is why they can't really do that.
Uncharted is the new "tomb raider" formula. It's what people HAVE to use in these types of games to even hope for success.

In related news, is there a word for the genre? It's not really a TPS, but what would it be called? Action Adventure?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#26killakPosted 3/6/2013 12:07:50 PM
I'd go with action adventure.

And the sheer freedom of travel in Tomb Raider, already makes it a different beast to Uncharted, so they can coexist without one needing to be factually defined as the better one.
---
My Metal Gear REX: http://tinyurl.com/benogq9
#27PhaseSlaethePosted 3/6/2013 12:10:32 PM
killak posted...
It's also important that people make topics calling Tomb Raider best to "diminish" the quality of PS3 exclusives.

Sadly that is true. I mean, from my couple of hours with Tomb Raider, I felt the experience was better flowing than Uncharted and the visuals, voice acting, set pieces and combat are easily as good as one another.

But i'd never say Tomb Raider >>>>>>>> Uncharted, as why do I need to imply that it's just that much better, when it really isn't.

That's why I stated that the TC is only doing it because it's a PS3 exclusive.

Being an SDF member sure does blow. Look how dishonest they have to be.
#28Evel138Posted 3/6/2013 12:11:41 PM
I can only gather that has to do some guys preferring to stare at a mans posterior over a woman's......otherwise, I fail to see how they're not equally great games.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#29RafedxPosted 3/6/2013 12:13:25 PM
-Damien- posted...
Sorry Tomb 'uncharted-wannabe' Raider, Uncharted is still KING

Here we are, born to be kings,
We're the princes of the universe.

Here we belong, fighting to survive
In a world with the darkest powers.

And here we are, we're the princes of the universe
Here we belong, fighting for survival
We've come to be the rulers of your world.

I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival, no man can be my equal
Take me to the future of your world.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#30riddlebox89Posted 3/6/2013 12:28:52 PM
-Damien- posted...
Sorry Tomb 'uncharted-wannabe' Raider, Uncharted is still KING

Too bad Uncharted is a poor mans Tomb Raider, can't be king if you're copying something
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.