This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uncharted >>>>> Tomb Raider. DealWithIt

#51SomnusNemorisPosted 3/6/2013 1:28:12 PM
Raycon posted...
In any event, nothing about that says homophobic to me.

Because he's making it the reason some would prefer one series over the other. Also, I say your assessment is false. One isn't forced to prefer the backside of a cartoon character, whether asexual or not.

He's also clearly implying it's bad to prefer the backside of a male as a male.

If you know Evel, you know his political beliefs.
#52velvet_hammerPosted 3/6/2013 1:30:23 PM
TR is good but Uncharted is vastly superior
---
"I think outside the box, to put you inside of a box, like a crossword puzzle" who said this?
#53RayconPosted 3/6/2013 1:32:49 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...
Raycon posted...
In any event, nothing about that says homophobic to me.

Because he's making it the reason some would prefer one series over the other. Also, I say your assessment is false. One isn't forced to prefer the backside of a cartoon character, whether asexual or not.

He's also clearly implying it's bad to prefer the backside of a male as a male.

If you know Evel, you know his political beliefs.

I'm just saying, I'm homosexual, and I prefer the curvy backside of Laura to Drake's. It's just aesthetics, really. Nothing homophobic about preferences.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#54majin nemesisPosted 3/6/2013 1:41:37 PM
Phewfus posted...
wasn't Uncharted a Tomb Raider wannabe?

Wasn't Tomb Raider a Pitfall wannabe?

i don't know what that is but it's probably not good since i've never heard of it
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#55SomnusNemorisPosted 3/6/2013 1:45:16 PM
Raycon posted...
I'm just saying, I'm homosexual, and I prefer the curvy backside of Laura to Drake's. It's just aesthetics, really. Nothing homophobic about preferences.

Well that's all well and good, it's just I know Evel and I know what he's implying.
#56RafedxPosted 3/6/2013 1:58:35 PM
majin nemesis posted...
Phewfus posted...
wasn't Uncharted a Tomb Raider wannabe?

Wasn't Tomb Raider a Pitfall wannabe?

i don't know what that is but it's probably not good since i've never heard of it

Or it is just before your time, Pitfall came out on the Atari a long time ago, it had a few NES games, SNES "Pitfall the Mayan Adventure" and a "Pitfall 3D" for the PS, that one had Bruce Campbell as the voice of Harry.

As far as who came first, yeah Pitfall Harry came first and the Tomb Raider games were supposed to star a male lead in the beginning, but they didn't want it to be a total rip off of Indiana Jones,even though that's where they got their inspiration and lastly Lara's name was supposed to be Lara Cruz, but they changed that because it was too American.

As far as UC and TR, they are both Action Adventure games but they handle everything completely different. Tomb Raider was always about exploring and going to new locations to find your artifact that had some sort of "magic" power like the Dagger in TR2. UC to me, is about a guys lust for money and being a thief, they also threw the mystical elements out the window in favor of something more realistic The Yetis being humans killed the series for me, it was a groan moment and really didn't sit right with me, would have been better if they left some mystical element to the game,

They both have good and bad points, both games are great but TR does somethings better than UC and UC does somethings better than TR.

Surprised no one commented on my Highlander reference. lol
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#57dark trunksPosted 3/6/2013 1:58:35 PM
TheOffbeat posted...
Meh, lame. I like both.

I was about to post the same thing. I like Uncharted, and I'm enjoying the new Tomb Raider. I like that the new Tomb Raider is like the Uncharted I've grown to love over the years. And I always said I'd love to see Uncharted on the PC, because if it looks that good on a console, I can only imagine what it would be like on my PC.

And now I have my PC Uncharted. I can't wait for a sequel to Tomb Raider, and a sequel to Uncharted.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#58SixStringHeroPosted 3/6/2013 2:02:49 PM
Which game has better combat and gun play mechanics? I enjoy Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, but something always felt off with the aiming and shooting mechanics compared to other games which incorporate TPS elements.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#59DaTwistedGunsPosted 3/6/2013 2:12:20 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
What is it with you people and claiming one game's better than another? Why can't you just let people enjoy what they want to enjoy?

Cause TCs mommy won't buy him another console so he does damage control for anything that threatens his PS3.
---
|Daniel Bryan| The Future... is Now
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fdhwjENi1r339xio1_400.png
#60ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/6/2013 2:14:37 PM
Uncharted >>>>> Tomb Raider. DealWithIt

Blatant lie.