This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Society's Infatuation of Zombies makes me sick, TWD rant

#1velvet_hammerPosted 3/6/2013 1:37:00 PM
I'm going to keep things short and simple, if you hate opinions leave now.. 1st I dont like TWD tv show, even though everyone is obsessed.. 2nd I HATE the game even more.. Someone owes me $20.. Why is society so obsessed and infatuated with Zombies? Zombies got old 7 years ago, now its just sickening..

The game and even TV show are such a bore! Zombies are dumb, trying to make a heart wrenching story from zombies is laughable to me.. Might as well turn Gallagher and watermelon smashing into a hit tv show and game that trys to be so touching..

How TWD won GOTY is beyond me. My only conclusion is I'm not infatuated with Zombies and most of Society is.. If this is the future of games count me out

/rant
---
"I think outside the box, to put you inside of a box, like a crossword puzzle" who said this?
#2MlREFOXPosted 3/6/2013 1:38:11 PM
Zombies are one of the best monsters for allegory.
#3anonymous46773Posted 3/6/2013 1:39:30 PM
No one owes you $20. If you don't like zombies, you shouldn't have spent money on the game.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4IChangedMyNamePosted 3/6/2013 1:40:06 PM(edited)
Twilight ended man, Vampires are taking a back seat now... Zombies are the new craze and will be until what ever made them popular in hip culture ends (TWD is, to me, what brought them back to the public eye).

I foresee Werewolves/Lycans being the next to be whored out.... Hopefully better done than the Vampires/Immortals.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#5Draconas_LyrrPosted 3/6/2013 1:40:35 PM
Well..at least they're not vampires. Personally, I think werewolves need some more love.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#6NightTerrorX99Posted 3/6/2013 1:40:44 PM
That point about making a heart wrenching story with zombies makes me think you didn't play The Walking Dead Season 1
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#7velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:43:19 PM
NightTerrorX99 posted...
That point about making a heart wrenching story with zombies makes me think you didn't play The Walking Dead Season 1

w/e you say. I got the season pass and chugged through the last chapters as I was highly annoyed and hated it..

Never again, I dont care if TWD2 wins game of the decade.. What a F****** joke
---
"I think outside the box, to put you inside of a box, like a crossword puzzle" who said this?
#8Evel138Posted 3/6/2013 1:43:35 PM
I was hooked from the first 30 minutes of episode 1. Who would have thought the human drama of a daytime soap mixed with the zombie apocalypse could be so awesome. Its like undead peanut butter and chocolate.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://fav.me/d5g9oo0
#9craelonPosted 3/6/2013 1:45:32 PM
The Walking Dead is a good game but I have to agree with you on the "zombie infatuation." Zombies were always the least interesting and most boring monster for me. Oh look... here's a human being devoid of life, personality, thoughts, and emotions... yippee... This craze all stems from what our society is thinking right now. "I sure wish I could just shoot everyone and get away with it." Zombies are very sleep inducing. Even the Walking Dead can't make them interesting. The only reason people watch that show is to see the interactions with the characters while facing an Armageddon of sorts. The show would be exactly the same if they replaced zombies with flocks of angry geese.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#10TheWaitingPosted 3/6/2013 1:46:22 PM
Evel138 posted...
I was hooked from the first 30 minutes of episode 1. Who would have thought the human drama of a daytime soap mixed with the zombie apocalypse could be so awesome. Its like undead peanut butter and chocolate.

You should check out the comic, way more fun than the show IMO
---
GAMERTAG:SollessWarrior