This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does God of War 3 have the best beginning to a game in gaming history?????

#51badnewsliarPosted 3/7/2013 10:34:22 AM
wigsplasher posted...
Bioshock.

I'll make an argument for this. That opening is friggin great, esp when the air bubbles rise up and you float up through the signwork of the buildings. Conflicted between this and GOW3 though.
---
that is bad news bears
http://gifsoup.com/view4/1086479/alex-wright-dancing-o.gif
#52ReyMilansteryoPosted 3/7/2013 10:48:27 AM
kloud 11 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
MGS2

fixed

Eh not really.
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: MGS HD Collection, Fallout 3 (PC) , Just Cause 2, Metal Gear Rising Reveangence, Uncharted 1, Vanquish
#53TheDon1981Posted 3/7/2013 11:16:07 AM
I've been playing since C64, and I have to agree with GoW3 having the best opening ever!
---
LBP2 levels:
Paper Scissors Rock Championship - Mortal Kombat 9 - Ultimate Deathmatch
#54chex81Posted 3/7/2013 11:42:40 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
It's up there.

this, its tied for me with

batman: ac
bioshock
---
gt/psn: chex81
#55ChaoticKnucklesPosted 3/7/2013 11:47:41 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
jason19192 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
MGR

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/6/64/Implied-facepalm1.jpg

w/e that means. MGR is amazing and better then most games endings

The topic is about the beginning of the game not the end. I like MGR rising too but I think God of War's opening moments are better and not just God of War 3. Also, no sex mini-game? It's tradition dammit!
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#56chaosflame108Posted 3/7/2013 1:49:15 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
nihilist212 posted...
Honestly I think the end of GOW 2 and the start of GOW 3 is the best sequence of any games ever. Seriously fantastic and epic gaming moments.

Yes, and I don't understand how some of you say MGR, it's a good game, and the beginning was great but not as good as GOW3.

Seriously?

The first half hour, you have -

Sam jumping onto a tank, deflecting shots, then slicing a guy in half with blood spurting out everywhere

Raiden showing off his cyborg body, complete with FLOATING ELECTRIC SWORD which he then uses to slice the hell out of a concrete wall in a second flat to cause boxes to fall down to cover an escape

Intro to fighting in the game

Metal Gear RAY shows up, blasts the hell out of the road and a building with a freaking mouth laser

Sundowner shows up, chops a guy to bits, fights another guy, combines swords and loops his head off, kidnaps the guy you're keeping safe, runs off

You fight the Metal Gear in one of the most insane boss battles ever!!! You jump on missles, you run down the side of an insanely tall building, you cut a 10 storey high metal gear in half with your sword!

You RUN after a train, which includes a tight corner slide on concrete and more running on the sides of buildings!

You fight Sam, which involves running around a tunnel train while the train is running through it, losing your eye, the BEST sword draw ever seen ANYWHERE.

GOW3 was good, Ascension is pretty impressive, but MGR blows both of them out of the water.

THIS!
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#57ChaoticKnucklesPosted 3/7/2013 2:01:44 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
nihilist212 posted...
Honestly I think the end of GOW 2 and the start of GOW 3 is the best sequence of any games ever. Seriously fantastic and epic gaming moments.

Yes, and I don't understand how some of you say MGR, it's a good game, and the beginning was great but not as good as GOW3.

Seriously?

The first half hour, you have -

Sam jumping onto a tank, deflecting shots, then slicing a guy in half with blood spurting out everywhere

Raiden showing off his cyborg body, complete with FLOATING ELECTRIC SWORD which he then uses to slice the hell out of a concrete wall in a second flat to cause boxes to fall down to cover an escape

Intro to fighting in the game

Metal Gear RAY shows up, blasts the hell out of the road and a building with a freaking mouth laser

Sundowner shows up, chops a guy to bits, fights another guy, combines swords and loops his head off, kidnaps the guy you're keeping safe, runs off

You fight the Metal Gear in one of the most insane boss battles ever!!! You jump on missles, you run down the side of an insanely tall building, you cut a 10 storey high metal gear in half with your sword!

You RUN after a train, which includes a tight corner slide on concrete and more running on the sides of buildings!

You fight Sam, which involves running around a tunnel train while the train is running through it, losing your eye, the BEST sword draw ever seen ANYWHERE.

GOW3 was good, Ascension is pretty impressive, but MGR blows both of them out of the water.

THIS!

Different strokes I guess. None of what I saw in Rising was that impressive to me in regards to the cut scenes as I've seen more over the top shenanigans in Devil May Cry 3. And fighting a giant enemy like Metal Gear Ray has been done in every single God of War opening with the exception of Ascension so again, not impressed. But, to each their own.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.