This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a straight man, I like to play as a female in videogames because...

#1HaloODSTDPosted 3/6/2013 6:04:42 PM
I feel that it adds more to the feeling of people an underdog. Idk, growing up, I usually always rooted for the underdog, whether it be in movies, sports, books, etc. I guess you can also say I consider myself a bit of an underdog myself, yeah, I was bullied as a kid and had a weight problem.

Well, playing as a woman (Fallout, Saint's Row, NHL 2012, etc) just puts the whole underdog experience over the top with guns and hordes of badguys.. y'know?
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo Reach, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
#2king_maddenPosted 3/6/2013 6:06:39 PM
I always go for the underdog, but I never pick a female.

in video games you're generally viewed as the underdog either way.
#3HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 6:09:17 PM
king_madden posted...
I always go for the underdog, but I never pick a female.

in video games you're generally viewed as the underdog either way.

idk, when games have an option to create a character, I usually make an obese person while many other players would make a "normal" or very buff person..
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo Reach, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
#4SayoriaPosted 3/6/2013 6:23:09 PM(edited)
I pick female for various reasons.

Main reason first... I am transgender. I feel better as female.
Other reasons include:
- Usually have better outfits.
- Usually faster since less muscle mass and such.
- Not nearly as many games out that let you be a female character over male, so it's a better change of pace.
- I like going for cute, and I don't get that from males.
- Females usually get the weaker of stats, which might add more challenge.... might.

NEVER has to do with:
- Ass
- Bust

---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#5mjc0961Posted 3/6/2013 6:22:41 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
I feel that it adds more to the feeling of people an underdog. Idk, growing up, I usually always rooted for the underdog, whether it be in movies, sports, books, etc. I guess you can also say I consider myself a bit of an underdog myself, yeah, I was bullied as a kid and had a weight problem.

Well, playing as a woman (Fallout, Saint's Row, NHL 2012, etc) just puts the whole underdog experience over the top with guns and hordes of badguys.. y'know?

No, I don't know, because you used Saints Row as an example of an underdog experience.

A series of games all about being the boss, being in charge, having craptons of weapons, money, and power. You could MAYBE make a case for being an underdog in the first game, but after that? Nope. When you're destroying your enemies with military grade hardware, you are not the underdog.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#6FaustXIIPosted 3/6/2013 6:24:04 PM
Motsu posted...
I pick female for various reasons.

Main reason first... I am transgender. I feel better as female.
Other reasons include:
- Usually have better outfits.
- Usually faster since less muscle mass and such.
- Not nearly as many games out that let you be a female character over male, so it's a better change of pace.
- I like going for cute, and I don't get that from males.
- Females usually get the weaker of stats, which might add more challenge.... might.

NEVER has to do with:
- Ass
- Bust

Good reasons BTW, did you listen to the song "transgender" by Crystal Castles? I find it somewhat depressing, but check out the lyrics, they're weird.
#7Mattywright77Posted 3/6/2013 6:25:44 PM
Variety and stat builds. Im starting a female royal in DS right now because of gender specific gear.
---
Now playing : Yakuza 3, GTA:Vice City, Doom 3:BFG Edition, Mass Effect.
#8SayoriaPosted 3/6/2013 6:29:34 PM
FaustXII posted...

Good reasons BTW, did you listen to the song "transgender" by Crystal Castles? I find it somewhat depressing, but check out the lyrics, they're weird.

Nope. While I am, I honestly try to stay away from transgender related media and such unless I hear it will emotionally move me. It's strange, but I DO try to avoid them.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#9XeedragonPosted 3/6/2013 6:33:46 PM
Better costumes.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#10echa_OnePosted 3/6/2013 6:42:15 PM
Because T&A. Period.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else