This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sign here if you get motion sickness from video games

#1HaloODSTDPosted 3/6/2013 8:10:54 PM
Do you? - Results (34 votes)
Yes, often
2.94% (1 votes)
Yes, sometimes
14.71% (5 votes)
Yes, rarely
8.82% (3 votes)
Yes, maybe once or twice
14.71% (5 votes)
Never
55.88% (19 votes)
I'm not sure/don't remember
2.94% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's very strange. It seems to mostly happen in third and first person shooters. It must be the camera controls because I can play Halo games for hours without any problem, but sometimes when I play Fallout 3 for 30 minutes, I feel nauseous like I want to vomit and light headed, sometimes my hands even get cold like there's no blood circulation anymore.

Some say it's the camera sensitivity, others say it's the lighting. I don't know what it is because I can play Fallout 3 for 30 minutes and feel sick, or play for 3 hours and be fine..
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo Reach, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
#2vanguard29Posted 3/6/2013 8:15:37 PM(edited)
you probably tried to shoot a gun in fallout three and got sick because of the terrible mechanics....

EDIT: im the moron who put not sure. i thought the last option would be never. thats what i get for not reading for context....
---
Currently Playing: ME2, Resistance 2, Valkyria Chronicles, and Bioshock.
#3whiteninja2000Posted 3/6/2013 8:15:47 PM
Only happened to me once when I played half life 2 for the first time and got to the vehicle section (with the helicopter thing that drops explosives).
#4echa_OnePosted 3/6/2013 8:20:39 PM
Yes whenever I try to play FPS.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#5SayoriaPosted 3/6/2013 8:24:40 PM
FPS games do it to me 100% of the time. FPV games 90%.... if it is a game like Wizardry, I can manage.

Non FPV games that have done this to me are the Spyro games and Gex 2.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#6AlltraPosted 3/6/2013 8:27:32 PM
The only times I ever got motion sick from playing games was trying to play the Virtual Boy, and some of the earliest PS2 games like Eternal Ring or Evergrace.
---
If you're not going to share with the entire class, then don't bother sharing at all.
#7tisukoPosted 3/6/2013 9:05:13 PM
Guitar Hero type games gives me massive headaches, and some dizziness.

I played Guitar Hero 3 a few years back. I was enjoying the hell out of it. This is when I knew I couldn't handle those type of games. Which are the only kind of games to make me feel uneasy.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
#8mogar002Posted 3/6/2013 9:06:34 PM
lol motion sickness
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#9Thermador446Posted 3/6/2013 9:11:10 PM
tisuko posted...
Guitar Hero type games gives me massive headaches, and some dizziness.

I played Guitar Hero 3 a few years back. I was enjoying the hell out of it. This is when I knew I couldn't handle those type of games. Which are the only kind of games to make me feel uneasy.

Are you sure you weren't just dehydrated or something?
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"