This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PlayStation Plus really is a FANTASTIC service

#1Seri-_-ouslyPosted 3/6/2013 9:00:53 PM
And if you bash the service, you're a fool. Here's why:

1.) You pay $18 for 3 months or $50 for 15 months (3 extra months added on), and in those months, you have access to a big list of games. There is something called the Instant Game Collection, which automatically gives you some great titles off the bat. inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Vanquish, Darksiders, Super Street Fighter 4, and more, not to mention the PSN and Vita titles that we've already gotten. DIscounts really do add up. Sound Shapes was $15, but with PS+, last week Sound Shapes was $7.50. Anyway, you get a lot for your money.

2.) This paragraph will address the people that say "You don't even get to keep the games! You're just renting them, wahhhh!!!" Alright, so maybe they say it without the crybaby aspect, but that's still exactly what they're doing. Well, those people are right, partially. You do not own the games. You need a PS+ subscription, but comes on now, pay about $20 and get all those games I already listed for 3 months? And more every month? Yeah, for $20, that's a steal. Let's say you spend the $50, and 15 months later, your subscription runs out. Well, every free game they gave you from month 1 to month 15 is now unplayable, BUT you have a GOD LOAD of games in your Download List. All you gotta do is sign on for another 3 months for $20 (or another year for $50) and you just got all your stuff back.

3.) The people that have PS+ right now will tell you it's the greatest thing ever, for the price. Those that don't have it, and bash it, will continue to do so because those are the type of people that don't like to admit they're wrong. Sure, when PS+ came out in July 2011, it wasn't impressive, but now, if you don't even try it, you are missing out. Case closed.
#2Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:01:45 PM

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/
#3Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/6/2013 9:04:13 PM
I have it right now, and the games they offer suck.

Should have put in more JRPGs for PS3.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#4ScratchemsPosted 3/6/2013 9:05:08 PM
I understand and will comply.

I would like to know what I should eat for breakfast tomorrow though. Please educate me further.
#5Mellerker38Posted 3/6/2013 9:06:51 PM
Yeah I agree and it's need more games with more then 50 trophies per game.Not sure want to play Vanquish or not.
#6Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:07:04 PM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
I have it right now, and the games they offer suck.

Should have put in more JRPGs for PS3.

If you're an American, then no, they should not. JRPG's are not as popular in this country, therefore as a marketing strategy, SCEA promotes very little JRPG content. So no, they do not suck, you're just a minority. The games they offer are not all AAA, but they're not crap either.
#7Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:07:47 PM
Mellerker38 posted...
Yeah I agree and it's need more games with more then 50 trophies per game.Not sure want to play Vanquish or not.

Trophies? Who cares about trophies? Gaming isn't about trophies that don't do a damn thing, gaming is about playing awesome games.
#8ScratchemsPosted 3/6/2013 9:09:31 PM
New user will not answer my breakfast question....

This is either a troll thread or a thread about breakfast haters. Either way you don't sit right with me TC.
#9kel25Posted 3/6/2013 9:09:34 PM
The instant game collection isn't that great of a deal unless you rarely buy games.

Chances are you will already own or have owned any of the free games that will really interest you. Basically the only games you will get offered on PSN+ are games you had a mild or no interest in to begin with.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#10Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:10:27 PM
Scratchems posted...
New user will not answer my breakfast question....

This is either a troll thread or a thread about breakfast haters. Either way you don't sit right with me TC.

Too bad. I forgot my password on my Level 33 account. Forgive me if I don't respond to your pointless breakfast question.
---
PSN: Tenkachi06