This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix betrayed Sony.

#1DarthLaharlPosted 3/6/2013 11:05:37 PM
After Nintendo dumped Sony and left them out in the rain with no where to go Sony picked them up and carried them for TWO console generations. All of their most critically acclaimed games are on Sony Consoles/Handhelds.

What does Square do? Jump back on board with Ninty and create and publish over 50 titles between Nintendo and Microsoft alone. Square Enix has pretty much devoted all of their attention to Nintendo handheld devices and iOS/Android devices. Every now and then they pop out a PS3/360 game or Wii game(rarely) or a 360 exclusive. But which is least likely? PS3 exclusives. Remember how FF Xlll was set to be this awesome PS3 exclusive? WRONG! Multi-console launch for the first time ever in FF history.

360 has some good Square published exclusives that would have sold much better and just have made more sense to be on the PS3. Meanwhile Sony gets Versus Xlll... which was announced around the PS3 launch...yeah. The PS4 has already been announced and it's still no where to be found! Xlll has spawned two sequels and an entire generation has passed not to mention FF XlV has been out and XV has been pretty much confirmed...

I'm just sayin, if Versus Xlll was a 360, iOS/Android, DS-3DS, or Wii game, it would be out already. Most of Squares PSP games aren't even on the PSN..

Square has giving Sony the **** end of the stick this generation. Square is showing no love.
---
PSN: Unretributed
#2DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:08:36 PM
Square has sold the rights to Microsoft to get the Tomb Raider mp DLC early like all the other Publishers are doing.. that's nice.
---
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 3/6/2013 11:10:13 PM
Lolbetrayed
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#4crazyman32Posted 3/6/2013 11:10:39 PM
DarthLaharl posted...
Square has sold the rights to Microsoft to get the Tomb Raider mp DLC early like all the other Publishers are doing.. that's nice.

it's timed dlc I don't really care as PS3 will get it eventually.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#5Junpei_StupeiPosted 3/6/2013 11:17:32 PM(edited)
Watch FF15 become multi-platform again.

A lot of quality Japanese developers are avoiding and leaving Sony.

All Sony has left are its first-party Western devs that they picked up from back-alley street dumpsters. (Hoping to make a profit out of it.)

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#6jim200Posted 3/6/2013 11:14:07 PM
Although this is a heavy rant some of it is true.

Such as they announced Versus on the launch of PS3 and now on the launch of PS4 they go "A NEW FF at E3!" blatantly misleading us.

Maybe if it's an exclusive PS4 FFVII remake that would be nice, but that would never be exclusive given today's market.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#7sinncrossPosted 3/6/2013 11:16:46 PM
i think the thing is that... Sony helped make SE mainstream beyond compare.

They own some shares in SE... I fail to see why SE would not support Sony more this gen...
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#8DarthLaharl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:22:16 PM
Oh! Can't forget Kingdom Hearts and the way it's been avoiding Sony machines lately.
---
#9caffiend7Posted 3/6/2013 11:26:09 PM
*halo announcer voice* BETRAYAL
#10BenzychenzPosted 3/6/2013 11:37:54 PM
Lol at actually caring about whether a game is exclusive or not.