This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix betrayed Sony.

#31deprofundis442Posted 3/7/2013 12:16:33 PM
brycemorr posted...
deprofundis442 posted...
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
deprofundis442 posted...
Actually, at one point, Square was legally obligated to develop their main FF titles only on Sony hardware.

That is false. Square just decided to go with the system that suited their needs.

Is it false though? I've seen several sources that stated as much, including the fan mag that came out recently that apparently was researched rather well.

The deal was with SquareSoft and Square Electronic Arts. Obvisoly Square got bought by Enix thus voiding any deal Square had with Sony.

Square didn't get bought by Enix, but that makes sense either way.
#32JanayBerryPosted 3/7/2013 5:28:25 PM
crazyman32 posted...

it's timed dlc I don't really care as PS3 will get it eventually.

Pretty much. Some games/dlc get better, too.

Look at "Castlevania: Harmony of Despair" for example.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Favorites (since 3/2/13): DC Universe Online, Hard Corps: Uprising, Double Dragon Neon, Resident Evil 6
#33chrcolPosted 3/7/2013 5:48:21 PM
forgive me but why do people think multi platform is bad for a game? I am confused.

exclusives are not good for the consumer as it forces them to have that console to play it.
#34wigsplasherPosted 3/7/2013 5:50:58 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
deprofundis442 posted...
Actually, at one point, Square was legally obligated to develop their main FF titles only on Sony hardware.

That is false. Square just decided to go with the system that suited their needs.

Is it false though? I've seen several sources that stated as much, including the fan mag that came out recently that apparently was researched rather well.

True or false, it's really none of our business. Let's say it was true though... So then Square-Enix was in a timed deal with Sony... And now people are calling betrayal because they're in a timed deal with Microsoft. Good grief.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#35Nitty2580Posted 3/7/2013 5:56:05 PM
Back in 99 sqaure started a new business model of develop for all platforms all media...hence the start of PC games, mobile and handheld to all manufactures.

Imagine that a business that is trying to make money. SHOCKING!!
---
Panasonic 65VT30, Pioneer Elite SC-35, Definitive Technology Mythos Ones fronts/surrounds, Eight center channel, Gem XL rears / Pioneer 500M w/ISF, Oppo BDP93