This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection or the Essential Collection?

#11PaperCogFlimsyPosted 3/7/2013 4:59:15 PM(edited)
TC stick with Rising

No need to watch B rate movies with mullet men in ultra tight pants

Stick with games, not really bad and unbelievable movies (although you can skip the bad cutscenes)
---
SONY: Only Does What Nintendo Did
#12Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/7/2013 7:03:18 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
^ No it isn't.

The Database presents information as they are presented in each installment separately.

I'm sorry but it is, only someone who's never looked at the database would claim it isn't full of false and contradictory information.

Either that or you're one of those "Lol wiki" people who, when confronted with taking one source or a wiki type source, you go with the non-wiki source no matter how incorrect said source is.

I'm 100% pro-wiki.
In fact, I have written some of it. :)

What I'm saying is that the Official Database is presented as a game-by-game situation.

SPOILERS for MGSaga

i.e., as we all know, Kojima retconned Big Boss' established age in MGS3 (from what we knew in MG2 and MGS1 beforehand).

When the Database explores Big Boss from MGS1's point of view, it says in his 50's, but when it explores Big Boss from MGS3 point of view, it doesn't.

It may seem contradictory if you look into the Database as an MGSaga encyclopedia, but it isn't when you look into the Database for what it is.

An encyclopedia for each installment separately.

The Database is actually the greatest source for raw info regarding MG/MG2/MGS/MGS2/MGS3, in the entirety of the internet.

Btw, I thought you were going to ignore me?
Either way, no hard feelings from me.
I'll only request a little less hostility in your posts (not relevant to this topic's post you made). (call it a friendly advice)
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#13Bubbagump(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:17:51 AM
Wow. Thanks for all the extra info guys! The story in Twin Snakes seemed pretty good with some hilarious dialogue so I look forward to diving into this series.
---
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred
#14PolishCockatielPosted 3/8/2013 8:18:51 AM
HD collection!!
#15MGS4SNAKEPosted 3/8/2013 9:41:02 AM
like Spiroth_Kweehh posted.

-METAL GEAR (HD Collection)
-METAL GEAR 2: Solid Snake (HD Collection)
-METAL GEAR SOLID
-METAL GEAR SOLID 2: Sons of Liberty (HD Collection)
-METAL GEAR SOLID 3: Snake Eater ((HD Collection)
-METAL GEAR SOLID 4: Guns of the Patriots
-METAL GEAR SOLID: Peace Walker (HD Collection)

You can find MGS and MGS4 both each for $15 or less.

Also Metal Gear Rising, its a sequel to MGS4 but its a whole different story and character, for now don't bother with this until you complete that list.
---
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it" - Bane to Batman