This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I noticed I am more likely to dish out $$ to buy a 3DS game than a PS3 game

#1darkphoenix181Posted 3/7/2013 11:48:57 AM
I don't know why this is but it just occurred to me. Perhaps it is the cost. 3DS game is only $40 and they tend to stay around $40 longer or so I think.
So I think that a $60 price tag is actually bad for gaming. If most PS3 games started at $60 I bet the companies would make more $$ because more people would buy the games thus offsetting the extra $20 they get currently. More intial sales also means better word of mouth. Lower initial price means less buyers remorse too if the game isn't the best thing in the world.
Anyone else feel the same way? That you are highly likely to buy a game at a lower initial lauch price but when a game comes out at $60 you tend to wait a long time till the game is cheap anyways (maybe even less than $40 becase your interest waned)?
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.
#2DemiFistPosted 3/7/2013 11:56:46 AM
lol of course $40 is always going to look better, but you are comparing the price of a handheld game vs. a console title....
Anyways... I always buy Day 1 so $60 looks just fine to me.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#3gldooriiPosted 3/7/2013 12:02:08 PM
With how quickly new titles price drop within a a couple months it's not that difficult to find them at a $40 price point. Follow threads on sites like cheapassgamer.com and you'll save plenty of money.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#4OmegaBladesPosted 3/7/2013 12:03:35 PM
That's what's happening to me, but its not the price as its more on portability. I haven't had much time at home lately so my 3ds is getting a lot more use than my consoles since I have that with me almost everywhere. Just in the past month I've bought 3 3ds games and 5 ds games versus 1 console game. And I have plans on 3 more 3ds games to buy this month.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#5darkphoenix181(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:08:54 PM
gldoorii posted...
With how quickly new titles price drop within a a couple months it's not that difficult to find them at a $40 price point. Follow threads on sites like cheapassgamer.com and you'll save plenty of money.

that is the thing though. Even games I want to play on PS3, when they hit $40 are less appealing to me that a 3DS game coming out at $40 on release. I am not so sure why but it could be that once a PS3 game hits 40, it usually goes down even more pretty fast too.
Though, tbh I did buy RE6 and Soul Calibur once they hit $40.
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.